Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

mobby_6kl posted:

Is his blonde wife the gangbang lady from before?
idk if he's enough of a freak for aella, she's into hardcore rationalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

I'm assuming he has many wives who are identical aside from hair color.

Otherwise it would be a loving weird thing to say, even for a dude who A) tracks his wife's breast milk output and B) share that data with the world.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's a joke.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Elviscat posted:

My car will be very pleased to know she gets an extra pound every 2 years.
For the last time it converts using a catalyst

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Paladinus posted:

I think it's a joke.

Did you cheat and read the chart?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Paladinus posted:

I think it's a joke.

Did the part about there being 543 gallons give it away

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jeebus bob posted:

Did the part about there being 543 gallons give it away

His wife is a prize Holstein.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

His wife is a prize Holstein.
Ahh yes, superior aryan genetics.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Is that the breast milk ice cream guy?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Paladinus posted:

I think it's a joke.

On the internet?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
obviously the soup tube is already patented and so cannot be displayed here

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Apparently saliva and donated blood are the only fluid produced by US bodies

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Apparently saliva and donated blood are the only fluid produced by US bodies

I envy you, i wish i could've missed the pipe labeled "Milk (Human)", too

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Strange remake of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://goatkcd.com/1649/

nws

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Australian Bureau of Statistics with an April Days post I really wanted to be real.

https://twitter.com/ABSStats/status/1774557303934464045

Want that first loving hat.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wearing that hat at the poker table would be a declaration of war, it's amazing

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Glass isn't a fluid, I hope he's just trolling

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Armacham posted:

Glass isn't a fluid, I hope he's just trolling

It is when it's made. Like, before it's cooled. He's talking about production.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Australian Bureau of Statistics with an April Days post I really wanted to be real.

https://twitter.com/ABSStats/status/1774557303934464045

Want that first loving hat.

Was it ThinkGeek that used to come up with brilliantly stupid products for April Fool's Day, and then actually produce and sell them due to high demand?

Anyway that mug is pretty great too.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

An actual graph the Pokemon Company had to make to help figure out where to watch pokemon.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Isn't glass always a fluid, just a slow and lazy one?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Isn't glass always a fluid, just a slow and lazy one?

No, that's a myth. It is an amorphous (non-crystalline) solid. It does not flow, even when given centuries to do so, despite what you may have heard.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Everything can be solid, provided the temperature is low enough.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Amorphous solids are on a continuum with liquids. Typical glass is pretty far to the solid side, but it does flow. It’s just that instead of cathedral windows moving millimetres in millennia, they’d move by nanometres only if left alone for billions of years.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
It would erode faster than it moved.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Carbon dioxide posted:

An actual graph the Pokemon Company had to make to help figure out where to watch pokemon.
Proof that it is best not to catch them all. Just catch the ones you can, on a whim.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
One of the reasons the "glass flows very slowly" thing is so believable is due to old glass panes being thicker at the bottom than at the top - must have flowed down, right?

No, that's just an artifact of a fascinating bit of history of technology nerdery. Making large, uniformly flat glass sheets is relatively new. The way glassmakers used to produce panes is to spin a blob of molten glass really fast on the end of a stick and the centrifuge-like effect would spread it out into a disc shape. Let it cool and then cut it into rectangles or whatever shape.

Naturally there's going to be changes in thickness along the radius of the glass disc, and because people in the past weren't stupid it quickly became common practice to set glass in windows with the thicker end down for a little bit of extra stability.

I'm sure this isn't news to most folks reading this but I think it's a neat bit of knowledge and I hope somebody reading it is learning it for the first time and finds it interesting, because that always brightens my day to learn cool poo poo.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

I think I'm ripping off a goon, but the only correct Pokemon episode order is "whichever one is playing after you're home from school"

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

One of the reasons the "glass flows very slowly" thing is so believable is due to old glass panes being thicker at the bottom than at the top - must have flowed down, right?

No, that's just an artifact of a fascinating bit of history of technology nerdery. Making large, uniformly flat glass sheets is relatively new. The way glassmakers used to produce panes is to spin a blob of molten glass really fast on the end of a stick and the centrifuge-like effect would spread it out into a disc shape. Let it cool and then cut it into rectangles or whatever shape.

Naturally there's going to be changes in thickness along the radius of the glass disc, and because people in the past weren't stupid it quickly became common practice to set glass in windows with the thicker end down for a little bit of extra stability.

I'm sure this isn't news to most folks reading this but I think it's a neat bit of knowledge and I hope somebody reading it is learning it for the first time and finds it interesting, because that always brightens my day to learn cool poo poo.

Yup, and sometimes you find a place where the installer didn't notice or care about the orientation, so the thick parts end up pointing random directions (which also handily disproves the glass flow theory)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Carbon dioxide posted:

My daughter was so pissed when they pulled the free viewing of season 1 from pokemon.com. And when we visited a relative with Netflix, it turns out this graphic isn't even true, in the EU*! Season 1 is not on there.

*Well, at least not in our country.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Carbon dioxide posted:

"Where's that Pokemon!?"
"It's Netflix!"
"...It's tubi!"
"God damnit aughh!"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lemniscate Blue posted:

and then cut it into rectangles or whatever shape.

A good post, but, how was this bit done? Glass-cutting sounds kind of impossible.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Some episodes of the season are Netflix only and some are Hulu only, but if you and a friend each have one of the services you can watch the whole season.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Tree Bucket posted:

A good post, but, how was this bit done? Glass-cutting sounds kind of impossible.

Usually, glass isn't so much cut as broken into the right shape. A score line is made at where you need the break, then you either just snap it or use pliers to carefully break the glass along this line.

Unreal_One has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Apr 2, 2024

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Tree Bucket posted:

Glass actually cuts pretty easily - if you score it with a sharp/hard enough tool it will fracture cleanly through the thickness. People cut the tops off wine bottles to turn them into cups, that sort of thing

It happens because glass is usually under a ton of internal stresses, so any starter crack (like from scoring) will propagate rapidly. Safety glass dials this way up so that the entire thing shatters into basically sand instead of big, sharp, dangerous shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

Don't listen to the people above, it was actually aliens.