Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

LeastActionHero posted:

Similarly, there are proposals to build a telescope on the moon by using a rotating vat of liquid mercury to act as a naturally stable perfect mirror. You need to put it on the moon so it can be exposed to the sky, but not exposed to an atmosphere that will oxidize the metal.

That sounds an awful lot like a scheme from Big Mercury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

I'm curious how many people can accurately gauge circumference by eye. Or I suppose how many people are using calipers on their sexual partners.

Go/no‐go gauge

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

ultrafilter posted:

Found on Facebook:

I loved that extrapolating the right hand side makes it a cock and balls picture.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

LeastActionHero posted:

By interesting coincidence, a fluid being rotated naturally assumes the shape of a parabola,

Rotating genderfluid is how these charts were made:

Piell posted:

From the transphobic Cass report, when you know how to make exactly one curve

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Phy posted:

I will never not lol at the alien guy from Babylon 5 who had a meter long prehensile dick and used it to cheat at cards

His penises were much longer than a meter, and he had 6 of them.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Phy posted:

Who these top left corner people out there, all rocking a can of skoal

Ah, the ol' Polish Curse.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

Found on Facebook:

Great, perfect penis is a ball

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

canis minor posted:

That's not how circumference works

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Perhaps in your simpler Euclidean genital space

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

OwlFancier posted:

I'm curious how many people can accurately gauge circumference by eye. Or I suppose how many people are using calipers on their sexual partners.

Circumference is distance around. Calipers won't help unless the dick is perfectly cylindrical. Just use a measuring tape.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Dicks have less irregular cross sections than tree trunks, and those are routinely ranked in diameter at breast height.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Apr 16, 2024

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I must be reading this dick chart wrong because the lengths seem totally reasonable but the circumferences seem insane. No one has a dick as thick as a 2L bottle. What are we measuring here??

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
For reference, canis minor, a cylinder with equal height and circumference looks like this:

According to that chart, the ideal penis has an aspect ratio a little bit longer/less girthy than this.

Also, the average penis is 5.2" long and 4.6" in circumference, so firmly in the "E" category. so yeah that chart is hella bullshit.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

DontMockMySmock posted:

For reference, canis minor, a cylinder with equal height and circumference looks like this:

I was going to say, that looks like the canis minor. I can tell by sight.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

I must be reading this dick chart wrong because the lengths seem totally reasonable but the circumferences seem insane. No one has a dick as thick as a 2L bottle. What are we measuring here??

It's circumference, not width. Take the number on the chart and divide by 3.14 for width.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Perhaps in your simpler Euclidean genital space

https://y.yarn.co/efe83207-5eaa-4538-ad85-86676f06c172_text.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I can't believe they didn't even study circularity, dangle angle, profile (mushroom vs carrot), upper vs lower camber, position of maximum chord, etc. Like are they even trying to be scientific?

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Apr 17, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sagebrush posted:

I can't believe they didn't even study circularity, dangle angle, profile (mushroom vs carrot), upper vs lower camber, position of maximum chord, etc. Like are they even trying to be scientific?

We don’t know what other charts were in the source article.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

GD&T solves many problems with fitment and assembly

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

canis minor posted:

:balldo:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Platystemon posted:

Dicks have less irregular cross sections than tree trunks, and those are routinely ranked in diameter at breast height.

My dick's diameter at breast height is zero.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

piL posted:

Perhaps you simply need a shorter partner.

Or a stepladder.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

When you understand pie charts:

Source

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

DontMockMySmock posted:

Also, the average penis is 5.2" long and 4.6" in circumference, so firmly in the "E" category.

But then that would mean that most women find sex with men unsatisfying. Surely they would have said something by now if that were the case.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

piL posted:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

jjack229 posted:

But then that would mean that most women find sex with men unsatisfying. Surely they would have said something by now if that were the case.

They might just have, but who listens to what women say?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Count Roland posted:

It's circumference, not width. Take the number on the chart and divide by 3.14 for width.
a ring 'round the moon is pi times d, as they say

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've got a d for your pi right here :heysexy:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

BonHair posted:

They might just have, but who listens to what women say?

I do. Because without hearing what they say, how do you interpret what they mean?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

KennyMan666 posted:

Source

honestly I love this

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

KennyMan666 posted:

Source

lmao i didn't notice the caption for the blue chunk, which somehow elevates the entire chart

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It simply means you won't be able to use the digital wallet for any of the named purposes, only the unspecified blue ones, which are however equal in significance to the sum of all the other tasks, which therefore serve as a helpful point of reference.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Enabling the ID to sign things is actually pretty nice. When the German ID was rolled out that was strangely forgotten, despite being a very compelling use case. You can use your ID to authenticate against a number of government sites, but what I really want is a digital signature I can sign stuff with that can be validated by anyone.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah we do have that here in Sweden called a Bank-ID, you either enter your personal number or scan a QR code, and then enter your PIN on your mobile device, and it's for confirming your identity for a number of things. Signing in to places, digitally signing documents, and the like. It's nice and convenient.

And we didn't even need an incorrectly designed chart!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the danish nemID system from 2010 was just a laminated fold-up with OTP codes that you used with username + password, but that was too easy to man-in-the-middle so now there's a bunch of steps. currently, mitID works by entering your username on the site, then opening & authenticating the app* via pin or biometrics so you can scan a qr code shown on the website, and then finally approve the access

* no notifications, presumably to prevent people from muscle-memorying approval even tho it wont work without the qr code

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Apr 18, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I stand by the chart, it is fantastic

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

steinrokkan posted:

It simply means you won't be able to use the digital wallet for any of the named purposes, only the unspecified blue ones, which are however equal in significance to the sum of all the other tasks, which therefore serve as a helpful point of reference.

yeah this seems like the only sensible read of that chart

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"Sensible" doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The labeling, which is clearly "these AND much more", must always take precedence. Without words, the chart means nothing, so we must take the words at face value.

It's a chart of answers given to "Q1: which of the following do you believe will be a use case of the EU digital wallet?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The area under "these and more" is the same as the rest, implying that "more" is actually nothing.

(Please don't make charts instead of lists)