Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

President Ark posted:

But... but that doesn't make any goddamn sense! Why not label it "now" instead of something that, removed from context of whatever fuckhead's blog that was originally on, draws the reader's attention and makes them think there's something important about that date?

I mean yes I get it that was probably designed by some idiot racist/islamophobe and I shouldn't read too much into it but arggghhh.

:agreed:

using a reverse GIS constraining the time to 2009, it appears to come from A blog titled 'Common Sense Athiesm'

Just some idiot making the idiocracy argument, while casting muslims in the role of uneducated-people-who-outbreed-educated-people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Letmebefrank posted:

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkwood_gap

What are units? What is the x-axis? What is this?

The blue line is the distance from the sun, axis on the right

The red line is which orbital resonance it is, axis on the left

Example:
The third pair of dots occurs with the red dot at 3,5 and the blue dot is around 2,3. Thus, a 3,5:1 orbital resonance with Jupiter (or a 7:2 orbital resonance) is around 2,3 AU

These really should have plotted in XY, but it is saying something legible.