Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Not technically a graph, but still a dumb way to represent data. I saw an expiration date on a product that said "Best before two years after June 2015". Why not just say "Best before June 2017"? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

popewiles posted:

Especially because most people will only see "June 2015".

Yeah, I almost gave it to the store to throw out until I read it more closely.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jyrraeth posted:

I thought it was some weird chart about which character/radical gets combined with the other, but someone who knows more about Japanese (or Chinese??) will probably have more to say.

I'm thinking you're probably right since some of them are bits that are only used as parts of characters and I can't really think of another context where that makes sense in that style of graph, but I'm definitely leaning towards Chinese because it's only hanzi/kanji and no katakana or anything.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

What else would it be

I think they're being pedantic over Nd vs ND.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
"And now if you refer to your scratch and sniff card, you'll find we've also coded each category by scent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I like the radicalism with no further description. "What do we want?" "Kickflips!" "When do want them?" "Now!"