Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Red Bones posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think according to their calculations an average Australian home is approximately 0.7kmē. For reference, the Vatican City is 0.44kmē.

To be fair, Australia would actually have the space for that.
Provided you had 2-3-ish people in each home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

they even usually stay within -50 – 50

lets make a new scale where
* the freezing point is 50
* 0 is the lowest measured temperature on earth
* 100 is the highest

then adjust it yearly based on new records

Ah, a fun scale where 0-49.99... and 50-100 convert differently.
I think the current records are along the lines of -88C, 58C.
0-49.99... is 1Tuek = 1.76C, 50-100 is 1Tuek = 1.16C.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Memento posted:

So we're exploding a horse, but we're also concerned about safety? Just what exactly is the goal, here?

Spreading the remains out so that scavengers and etc can eat it easily, instead of it becoming a huge meat rotpile. (that could contaminate nearby water supplies )
I think it's a semi common way to handle it when you can't get the body out easily?

I vaguely remember that being the reason that one time they found an entire barn filled with dead, frozen cows.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

does mickey ever show up as anything other than a corporate mascot anymore?

There's some newer shorts with him that have been made the last decade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRCYmbvfEs

Featuring the magical ears:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

What's the oopsie? The handful of people who were resurrected from the dead by Covid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Handful? There were a billion people alive at the start of that chart who are now dead.

Yeah, I was referring to the small blip where it goes into the negatives under Biden for a bit.
I entirely missed the first date there, yeah. I blame the 3G implanted in the Covid-00 shots.