Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Do you know what "eg" means? It clears after you type something and has "eg... Ghana" to remind you how words work.

Hm I think we're getting close to cracking the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SaltyJesus posted:

wait, why is it in other and not fish?

"Fish" isn't really a taxonomically distinct group anyway, it's like taking a group as diverse as terrestrial animals and just lumping them all together because they happen to live in the water.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phy posted:

Soup freeze-dries nicely, it's all those people steeling themselves to be astronauts to get as fur away from Ohio as possible

fixed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It kind of is thread specific - it happens when someone deletes a post in a thread. Any threads where that has happened get kind of "lost" when it comes to keeping track of new posts (I'm guessing there's some kind of counter that compares total posts in thread to highest recorded posts in thread or something). So most threads are fine but ones where that has happened get messed up forever.

While this did happen a bunch when ZDR's posts got deleted from a lot of threads, it's not the same thing as the more common ghost posts.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

Haha yeah, I know what all this means and I agree with it, unless you're wrong in which case I disagree

I clicked on the colossally abundant link and I'm not sure I've ever seen a Wikipedia article worse at explaining something to a layperson.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thank you for that link, that was a good read. I dunno the solution for the math section either, though I think I'd be happy if at least the opening section of the article had to be written in a way that was easy to understand and at least give me an idea what this stuff was, even if the whole rest of the article was impossibly technical.

Also I laughed as soon as I saw the Silent Hill section, what a ride that story was.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This might be the most angry a graph has made me in this thread

It's so terrible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How..? What..?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

:goonsay: It's not a venn diagram!

Oh cause it's missing overlaps for sets on the opposite sides. You need a more complicated setup to do four or more sets

I had never really thought about that before

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Source: De Beers lmfao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Powered Descent posted:

They chose a very interesting way to rank the world's countries by population. :thunk:

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/population-by-country/

Lmfao this is a good website

quote:

The current population of India is -1,617,838,620,736 as of Wednesday, September 28, 2022, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
India 2020 population is estimated at 0 people at mid year according to UN data.
India population is equivalent to 0% of the total world population.

Regy Rusty has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Sep 28, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The charm here i think is not in the images themselves but in the frankly baffling circumstances i still can't wrap my head around that led them to be published

That said idk i think the Rat- and dck- labels are pretty funny

Honorable mentions to Testtomcells- and Dissilced-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm envious of people who think orangutans don't partake in sin.