Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wellp. You must admit, it did escalate quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yup. Education major spotted.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

:golfclap:

Although the trilby of neckbeardism should be more towards libertarianism.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's the trilby of Southparkian centrism

I can never keep up.

So is a real fedora worse or better than the trilby? And where does the katana knock-off lie on the graph? Will this be on the test?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And weren't the puritans pretty far from libertarian?

"A witch? Yeah, well, that's just her thing, you know? Live and let live, I always sayeth!"

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Zemyla posted:

I'm remembering a scifi book I read when I was little, where the currency was kilowatt-hours, pronounced "kwahers". They also used BTUs as a smaller currency, but unfortunately I'm pretty sure that wasn't pronounced "butts".

Did anyone say "Buttcoins"?

Oh, different thread...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

An accurate use of Venn diagramming? How did that get in here?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, notice the "IF I sleep with several women "

Really big "if" there, buddy!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait, racist jokes are worse than police killing poc's?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Platystemon posted:

The only one I’m not sure about is the blue car symbol.

Is it roughly the equivalent of U.S. Routes? As in, not up to motorway/interstate standards, but better than a county road.

e: Essentially, yes.

Comparison of European road signs

U.S. Army pamphlet, because they know this poo poo is confusing.

Wow. That Austrian pedestrians only sign looks like sn abduction.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well that chart sure is an innovation!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Ahhh, good old mental illness.

Nope. MBA.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

To be fair, I've always considered that stuff the hallmark of a disturbed mind.

Let's hold an idea shower to get a helicopter view and square this circle so we can shift the paradigms without cascading nonrelevant information into our blue sky thought space and see if we can't make the new quo wash its own face.

See? Sounds like a mid-to-upper management proposal!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sooooo.... they're German?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

moon frequencies

'Bout every 28 days...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well, for starters, girls have 49%, Latinos a whopping 73%, families earning less than $35,000 get only 43%, mothers without high school "degrees " are down to 28%, and special needs are trailing the pack with a quite frankly dismal 11%.

Couldn't be clearer, I'd say.

If you need to know percentage of what, well, that's just pedantry.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Soooo...

10?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Piell posted:

No, 10.0

Well, color me embarrassed!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Outrail posted:

How many people can you shoot in the kneecap before it becomes fractional murder?

And how many people can I gently jostle in the wholefoods isle before I'm charged with felony assault?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Can't wait to turn 42 and finally as happy as a regular person.

Of course. At that age you finally get The Answer.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Outrail posted:

Why the hell would you think average home price going up is a good thing? Aside from loving over young and poor people.

When you buy your house right before the housing crash and ten years later your mortgage is still ~ $20,000 under water...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Simples.

"Smith! I want you to make a table in Excel showing which precinct goes with this data. "

"Errrrmmm.... Excel?"

"You said you were proficient in Office! Get to it!"

"........ Yes, sir....."

It's like all the PowerPoints where they either use "tab" to get the text off to the right, and/or use five different text boxes instead of one with paragraphs.

Make it look like what you want, even if you have to kludge it the most awkward way possible.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Did they hand draw that line?

So when looking at two teams playing each other, when one wins, the other loses?

Sports is so complicated...

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait... did we miss it?

Or was the election the end and now we're in hell?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

7.2/10. No pylsur.:iceland:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

It looks like it started as an attempt at a graphic representation of end times theology. God (upper thick line) exists forever, creates world and people (two lower lines, black for bad, white for good), god comes down to Earth, gets crucified (cross) allows good people into heaven. Tough luck, black arrow. Then comes down to fight battle of Armageddon (spears), later comes back again, judges people in hell, stays on Earth forever.

Then someone added the audio labels. Which make it surreal.

Tah-dah! Mystery solved.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I think the spears are actually arrows and that's supposed to be the Rapture.

Or that.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, but is "cries" really a lifetime milestone?

Or was it the first time for that emulation to succeed without any short circuits?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Tumblr of scotch posted:

It shrinks the balls a lot of the time, but dick shrinkage is very much YMMV and can range from moderate shrinkage to none at all.

Depends on if the hormones are kept in the fridge or not.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

Well no wonder your graph came out all funny, you left this thing in Depeche mode.

:perfect:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

These are all excellent but this one remains my fav.

? ?

Actually, this shows the concept reasonably well. The scale is conflict level, and terrorism ranges in the lower end, but with indefinite upper and lower bounds to where it falls on the spectrum.

Usually the graph has more levels labeled, like peacekeeping, show of force, limited strikes, theater level conflict, etc.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And all have been defiled and degraded in horrible ways since then!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Looks like '94 was a banner year for cocksucker.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jeepers! Those icky girls are slackers!

:mrapig:

Yeah, nothing wrong with that methodology. :jerkbag:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Actually, it shows direction and extent pretty well. Funny that so little of the U.S. is in direct view.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sooo... according to the axis of care, liberal feminism cares less than MRS :mrapig:?

And along the knowledge spectrum, girls r dum?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Somewhere on YouTube is an old film from some Canadian homemaking show or something that is from the early 60's. It has a lady with a strong Canadian accent telling how today we'll be making a new dish called "pizza pie". One of the hard to find ingredients is mozzarella cheese, so you can use a mild cheddar or American as a substitute. You can also leave out the oregano from the tomato paste if the flavor is too strong.

:discourse:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Holy crap - nailed it in one! I don't even think I saw it one YouTube, it could have been before that!

So it's been at least since the early 2000s since I've seen it.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Actually a well done graph. It's the implications of the content that's horrendous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Platystemon posted:

This got me curious about the world’s highest low point.

Lesotho holds the record of 1400 m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elevation_extremes_by_country

And that led me to lowest high point: Maldives is the winner with 2m at Mount Villingili. Really? "Mount?" I've made piles of dirt higher than that. Compensating much?