Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DrBouvenstein posted:

Another situation where a table would probably be more useful than a graph.

I honestly can't pick the difference between the colours they used for Google/HP/IBM or Intel/LinkedIn or Salesforce/Samsung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Triarii posted:

Um the scale is pretty clearly labeled right there - it goes from LOWER to HIGHER.

Also "Zero values indicate there was not enough data to determine a value". Since the height of the dots is just a rank rather than an actual numerical value there's no way of knowing if the lowest dot in any category means "sucks the worst" or "value unknown". In fact there's no way of knowing if several of the lowest dots in any given category are unknown values.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

StandardVC10 posted:

I'd like to propose the hypothetical existence of a candy containing white fudge, caramel, and nougat, but no nuts.

You're meddling with candyforms that are beyond the grasp of human science. You fool, your hubris will doom us all!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

This is as big as it gets:

Here's a huuuuge version

The earliest source I could find was this Reddit thread
Edit: the Reddit thread got the graphs from http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-03/desperation-moves-romney-plots-block-trump-republican-convention

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FPzero posted:

I also like how the Student Loans one just doesn't have data prior to 2003 but instead assumes the trend line to make its point.

I'm not even sure what it measures. I did some googling and I think it might show net borrowing to support the federal student loan program???

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MrUnderbridge posted:

Although the trilby of neckbeardism should be more towards libertarianism.

That's the trilby of Southparkian centrism

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Serperoth posted:

I'm gonna presume that the last rocket launch fatality was farther away than that.

Do model rockets count?
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/teen-killed-after-a-model-rocket-explosion-went-wrong/news-story/b0991271d56d0a485dcb7c205b389946

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Heath posted:

How can you be said to have a relationship that's healthy but not enjoyable? If you're not enjoying it, it's not healthy by virtue of that.

Over in the schadenfreude thread we found a youtube channel of a bunch of teenage boys who really really love to hang out and film themselves smashing their nuts with bowling balls and planks of wood. They've posted dozens and dozens of videos over the span of several years.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people!!!!

* Also possibly Russians, we just don't know

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Not literal enough

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The stuff you guys are writing in red text so that guy can't read it is pretty hosed up, shame on you

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flipperwaldt posted:

Belonged here, I thought:

Apparently the context is that someone else posted a similar medal tally but included the UK medals in the EU total .... which is still correct because Brexit hasn't kicked in quite yet, but people like Wheeler have apparently already moved on to the point where they get insulted by stuff like that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Outrail posted:

Didn't Mathew, Mark, Luke, John etc write the bible? SO at best he dictated it. God is illiterate.

He wrote the ten commandments directly onto Moses' tablets but the language used was pretty basic. He can write but he's no Hemingway.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

spog posted:

Try and find anything that give you the useful litres/mile and you might as well be looking for a unicorn.

I heard that unicorns have good mileage but aren't really suitable for city driving, c/d?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mobby_6kl posted:

d. they're actually pretty good in stop and go traffic thanks to the start-stop functionality. It's actually on the highway where their lack of overdrive becomes an issue.

Just don't get frustrated at the other drivers, you really don't want to lean on the horn too hard.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

This one was hurting my brain so I rearranged the bar graph by dates:

.... but it's still hosed up because the bars for the counties on each individual date is also sorted from highest to lowest instead of alphabetical. I'm starting to suspect that it wasn't a sneaky attempt to fudge the data and just some idiot accidentally pressing the "sort all to left" button before emailing the graph to the TV station.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1263111460915380225

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr. Fix It posted:

https://twitter.com/tansokudesuga/status/1264905078911066114

Translation: We asked 100 people "Did you watch 72 Hour Television*?"

Didn't watch it: 90 people Watched it: 10 people

*some dumb 72 hour telethon

10%? Whoa, that's nearly half!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tobermory posted:

Sure, my objection is that they are jamming a bunch of different concepts together in ways that don't make sense. Aristotle's whole discussion of "upper" and "lower" poles mostly came in the context of which parts of the celestial spheres were "right" and "left", because this was very important to the Pythagoreans.

I'm so glad we moved away from the archaic and ridiculous "upper and lower" methodology for naming the polar regions and instead went with the much more sensible and modern system of "does or doesn't have bears"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Banana Canada posted:

You're short a pope.

Oh poo poo where did it go oh poo poo IT MIGHT BE IN MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW
https://i.imgur.com/WcL133K.gifv

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Enigma posted:

Their website shows the y-axis right side up now.

https://www.pikecountyhealth.com/v4i/index.html

Yeah people noticed and gave the county's health department some 'polite feedback' on their mathematical skills :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That's weird but to be fair it's not all that unusual for graphs about US stuff to have a stars & stripes motif

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ynohtna posted:

What's the plural form of man-child?

GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/Monogrammaton/status/1273743400139845633