Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Because it takes you like 10-15 minutes to eat it, at however much the price is. So you have to multiply the price by like 4 or 6 to get the rate of cost/hours of enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm more confused by how eating a burger qualifies as "entertainment"

I guess it can be compared to "dinner out," like you might have someone with you while consuming the big mac.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I like how feminism is one of the most 'lunatic fringe' 'ideologies' among the left, even worse than straight up radicalism and apparently on par with racism.

That was the first thing I noticed as well. Equal rights regardless of sex and gender?!??? Whoa, calm down there, Grand Wizard!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Travis343 posted:

It's also because extreme leftist thought as seen on Tumblr and mostly younger progressives ends up with a lot of the same restrictions as a fascist authoritarian government but due to different reasons, i.e. both sides might want to forbid interracial marriage but the extreme left version of that is to prevent white people from appropriating the culture of the minority by marrying them and assimilating them into mainstream whiteness, rather than asserting the inferiority of people of color. The end result is the same, but the ideology is vastly different. It's not really a fair comparison though because seeing progressive thought go that far is extremely rare even among hardcore 'FULL COMMUNISM NOW' keyboard warriors. A few lone internet people writing blog posts isn't analagous to say most of Fox News' target audience.

I find a lot of people have no sense of proportion about group membership populations such as those you mention. Tends to be from the Fox News type audience who aches to have a persecution complex about something so they want to pin themselves as the minority or at least "the other side is just as bad!!!". Often I've seen someone say "OMG TUMBLR THINKING IS RUINING THE WORLD" and their cite is like a random blog post about osmeone's personal anecdote or like a single article in a local paper. I've even done it myself becuase I didn't check sources. Meanwhile evidence to the contrary can be found in droves in not only mainstream news but empirical research.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I like this one.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

shelley posted:

The only information I could get from this at first glance was that the "graphic designer" has almost the same rare last name as I do. And look what he's done with it.

The graph looks like stacked slabs of uncooked meat

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

"Sports person" is the best vague title. A player? An enthusiast? A trainer? A sports person

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Nothing is correct about that graph except the spelling, which is impressive.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Didn't Hillary's campaign have another instance of the Venn-diagram-that-says-the-opposite-of-what-it-probably-wanted-to-say?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Ok so that means it's a good thing I've pretty much only ever heard of the companies on the left, correct?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

XBenedict posted:

Welcome to internet.

I'll gladly consider myself, & be considered, an internet-incompetent if it means I get to keep avoiding even accidentally coming across the crunchy, nook and cranny covered tumor of gaming journalism

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

Both of these little guys have a bit of the :stare: expression going.

It's the Easter candy eye they both share.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I like that it's the same bike though. Like the wheels have the same "spokes"

dedication to a metaphor

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Gun advocate goatse

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I'll show you what I know and you can tell me if you think I'm getting better at making graphs

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Wait, when's the last time someone got killed by a rocket launch?

e: I feel like it's longer ago that the last racing driver fatality

blah blah something about proportions and ratios blah blah etc, ahaha, lol

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I want Cyriak to make a video about this

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Agreed. Would put them in a classroom

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Or as a demonstration for, like, a journalism ethics lesson to show how weaselly statistic terms can be used to misrepresent facts.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

global swing haha i didn't know your mom was a metric superlex

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

HIs sentence structure just makes the content even more unsettling.
"I will be very angry and sad for a very long time"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I can't even buy that it's a real graph. I don't have any way of interpreting it and a lot of the gay man lines go backward on the x axis. It's a joke, right? Like somebody scribbled in MSpaint on a grid?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

Raul Pont R:evil:ution

:eyepop:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

What's up with Alanya and Rodina

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just don't get frustrated at the other drivers, you really don't want to lean on the horn too hard.

:haw:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

This is the "yard sard" of graphs. I can't help but crack up every time I see it.

Please tell me about yard sard

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

That's what I hoped, and I was not disappointed.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Nice.

Uh, weirdly elongated tits ? :shrug:

Or maybe just the nipples.

vaginas of various lengths

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

a Violent doppler radar

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

this is somehow political isn't it

democrat -- republican

(government?) -- conservative

south dakota south nakota south cakota

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Read that whole chart and now this is stuck in my head.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Pakled posted:

I'm the 2% of Hillary supporters who believe she's an actual demon.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

She's an actual demon, but still the lesser of two evils.

"Better the devil you know..." would have been the better joke IMO

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

They've sent baby sitters, he shot them.

Dumbasses, everybody knows they need to find a good toddler with a gun.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Outrail posted:

I've heard more then one comment t along the lines of 'I'd rather any American citizen between the ages of ~35-60 picked at random than Trump. No take backs'. And at least one of them was cognizant that the average person is a terrible choice for president.

I'm picturing this unfolding as a Hunger Games scenario but with grown-ups and it's pretty appropriate.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You think that's bad? Within the next five years, Microsoft will make it so easy to create a VR app for navigating 3D graphs that MBA mills will be spitting out idiots who will use them for everything.

Allowing extreme perspective possibilities to manipulate the initial appearance of the data :allears:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Comparisons like that need a third "Jesus" column. Washed poor people's feet? NOT BANNON. Restored sight to a blind dude? NOT BANNON

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Nerd happiness is WAY higher around age 20, wth. That's when you go to college and get a clean slate w/o your high school bully-down baggage and can plaster your dorm room with posters of shows you enjoyed at age 9, and play video games w/out your parents telling you to go the gently caress to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah it's pretty much the same playbook as cult indoctrination. It's not "rude" to try to get someone out of something like that, but they'll react with hostility because they've been convinced to trust the scam more than they trust their friends.

it's the same mindset that led to this last election