Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Somfin posted:

Looks like you're not gonna be a fighter pilot then.

:vince:

drat that was a good film.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Want so see some real incompetent poo poo? The family tree of the Counts of Tusculum:

I presume this is supposed to make sense? Even besides my own idiocy thinking that Ptolemy referred to the ancient guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Wait, when's the last time someone got killed by a rocket launch?

e: I feel like it's longer ago that the last racing driver fatality

Latest fatal F1 accident was in October 2014, and he died in July 2015 after being in a coma.

I'm gonna presume that the last rocket launch fatality was farther away than that.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is Agile like a strategy for Mornington Crescent?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Antti posted:

Honestly it sounds like the negative vote, a nice idea in theory that has the potential to be a disaster in practice (kinda like the electoral college!). What happens if the population never gives a majority to anyone? Does the country just go un-run until then?

Worked for Belgium :v:

I have no idea if it actually worked or if that's what happened to Belgium

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So Obama was given an ailing economy, and within his terms he took unemployment down to just about half, raised the average hourly wage by 4$/hr (20% or so), and increased consumer confidence five-fold?

And that's a BAD thing?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I've been playing a lot of picross on my study breaks lately and this confused me even after I knew what it was

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

thats not ghana, i think

It says right on the map, that's Austria

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Zemyla posted:

did the chart maker mean anything?

My money is on "No"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Phanatic posted:

Eventually F-35s will be free!

Maintainance on them already is free, actually, since it goes by hours of flight.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Do other languages have similar rules for multiple adjectives? Searching for "$language adjective order" mostly just turns up results about whether the adjectives go before or after nouns.

I believe Greek has it but I don't remember off the top of my head if and when we ever learned it formally or just instinct. And I recall learning about order of stuff for German, but that was ZAO, Zeit, Art, Ort (time, means, place) for things like "I will go tomorrow by bus to work" or something, rather than adjectives themselves.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

I met a Finnish person once

Or so you think

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dienes posted:

MKUltra was a real program. It did not, however, discover secret telepathy and mind control like conspiracy theorists claim.

Or they're mind controlling you to make you think they didn't discover it... :tinfoil:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I have one for Greece's GDP prediction, if nobody makes it ahead of me I'll see about posting it in the morning

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dylan16807 posted:

That's not really a rename, and I don't know if it's necessarily wrong to ignore a request for nonstandard translation.

That's pretty interesting to read. Reminds me of how Ecuador isn't translated to English, but in Greek a lot of people call the country the Greek word for Equator

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

KozmoNaut posted:

So it's basically Mudrunner In Space, only instead of delivering logs through mud, you're delivering Space Stuff through Space. Totally worth the money.

Elite: Dangerous is a pretty alright game, yeah

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

flavor.flv posted:

Oh, that's just human pet guy. Tweet kung pow penis at him and he'll go away

I thought kung pow penis was the code to make a different tumblr idiot go away. Trillizard I want to say?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

90s Cringe Rock posted:

That's red, white & black.

This was kinda slept on, but it's a grade a post

VV: Germany's flag in the late 1930s to mid 1940s

Serperoth has a new favorite as of 22:44 on May 20, 2021

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Byzantine posted:

For some reason what stands out for me (besides Britain going nuclear) is the lone terf in loving Tunguska.

The logical explanation is VPN, but I like to imagine there's some lone bigot in the middle of nowhere, in a shack with a generator powered by transphobia

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

:agreed:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

dr_rat posted:

If you believe there are only one or two ghosts you don't think ghosts exist, but if you think there are three of four ghosts, you do believe in ghosts? Hmm interesting hypotheses.

I shall tell the two ghosts that haunt me so I don't believe in them!

Imagine four ghosts on the edge of an axis

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

rubik's cube. the inventor was named rubik

Thank you

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Empoyment stats by sector in intrawar Warsaw IIRC

As far as I can tell the categories are types of employment... and Jew

So is that like, Jewish people by percentage of that type of employment then?

Also that font is amazing I need it

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Despite having diverged hundreds of millions of years ago octopodes and humans share huge amounts of genetic material. There's something like 69.3% genetic similarity between octopus and human eyes.

Thank you for using octopodes.

Octopodes are cool and I bet they could make some rad graphs

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yep, had a dark metallic green Focus. I called it the Ficus.

The first gen Focus hatchback is one off those cars that, in my mind, have a default color, that dark-ish teal color it had. I can't even explain why specifically the Focus, we never had one, and while we did have other cars in other colors, it's not like I think "Alfa Romeo 156 = Red" by default

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Narrow win for "Yes" there

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

They missed put by not calling it Coordinated Universal Normalised Time

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angepain posted:

From skimming the source, this is in fact a flattened version of one eleventh of the actual diagram, namely this beautiful thing:

Or you can simply rotate this simple figure eleven times

I love maths gore

No ring, but a decent attempt

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, it wasn't a very good movie.

Mods????

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I was going to make a kameløsø joke but

Splicer posted:

Morally Inept?

:drat:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Ah the good ol' OBR special.

We have recently updated our model to suggest that Growth will be somewhere between zero and what we have been predicting since 2010. That will be another eleventy million pounds for the economic geniuses at the office of budget responsibility please.

Don't forget the Greek debt one, or the Itanium predictions

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Outrail posted:

How much is a person worth anyway?

A varying number of Xboxes

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hopefully they caught the guy

He's in the chart too actually. Brave of him to kill to the guy that killed all these folks.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Count Roland posted:

I want to see how wokeness is calculated.

Slurs per student-hour

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ikanreed posted:

The part of the brain responsible for... Skin pigmentation?

What have you found here.

In old racist accent: "you see, the skull of the Hibernian proves to us that this area of the brain controls skin pigmentation"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

dublish posted:

Why do they shift all the points so it looks like people scored 2.3 times in 4.7 appearances or whatever?

Substitutes? No idea about the goal spreading

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

sweek0 posted:

I'm surprised bidets are more popular than the metric system.

I know there's been roundabout talk but I want to point out the 32% of positively deranged people who don't slam dunk the "price at the shelf is the same as price at the till" option. It never fails to baffle me when I hear about the US, to the point where I've asked a number of US acquaintances to confirm if it's a thing or if my leg is being pulled

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

credburn posted:

I live in Oregon where we don't have sales tax, so most things ring up as they are listed, except for things like soda and beer that have a bottle deposit. People have lived here seventy years and will still be confused, confounded, insulted and determined to take a stance against this misdirection whenever their two-for-five-dollars budweiser rings up 5.20. "I ONLY BROUGHT FIVE DOLLARS" is a REGULAR FUCKIN RESPONSE (I am a cashier)

See that also rings a bit weird to me. Why not have the price on the shelf be "Credburn Beer - 1,69 dollars", with a note that says that 9 cents is the bottle deposit, then at the cashier it just rings up as two items, 1,60 (beer) 0,09 (bottle)?
That's literally how it's done here, you just get your bottle money back when you return the bottles, no need to worry at the till.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

An actual graph the Pokemon Company had to make to help figure out where to watch pokemon.

I think I'm ripping off a goon, but the only correct Pokemon episode order is "whichever one is playing after you're home from school"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

NFX posted:

Height is a psychological and/or behavioral characteristic.

Height is a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I don't get why this is bad, it marks a percentage change from a baseline of 100. I guess they could've just done it as a flat percentage (starting from 0% change at 0)?