Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes. These are three countries with high numbers of English-speaking internet users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Retirement age by country. Men and women.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Maybe the unlabeled X axis is volume of people retiring in the last # years, but yeah that's spectacularly bad.

There is no X axis that can make this chart even remotely sensible.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

trapped mouse posted:

It's a pretty awful graph. Even ignoring the fact that it has no Y axis, and it's just a line with an arbitrary bend, they're clearly saying 12-14 to make it more shocking even though (like they did with 19.5) they could just average it out to 13. Still a pretty hosed up situation, especially because it doesn't really seem like a sexually liberated society, so a lot of these women are probably coerced if not worse. Man, Russia really kind of sucks.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the oversexualized model they use to indicate "16". Plus, lol at the teddy bears used to indicate age.

The numbers are just made up, though. It's still between 17.5 and 20 on the average. Furthermore, 17% of Russian women lose their virginity after 27.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Reading the article, the guys who made the movie that uses that graph are peak Reddit MRA types who are bemoaning the fact that girls are having sex, but not with them (or have sex with them but then break up). So they persecute those girls by calling them "dumpsters" who are ruining the genes of their children, and celebrating the women who are virgins in their 20s and forever stay with the first person they have sex with.

The graph is one of the least offensive things featured in their video. The most offensive is one of those MRA shitheels showed the video to 8th grade girls.

The authors are probably at least in their 40s. They are just super conservative and believe in telegony. It's a completely different and distinct brand of insanity than Reddit MRA.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tsunemori posted:

One of our business partners sent us this "Market Analysis" document that supposedly represents the, uh... number of training organisations and exams?

It's just pages and pages of these circle diagrams with no labels, no explanation of what the colours mean. What the gently caress

I think it's a colour blindness test.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't think two Popes were allowed to marry each other.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'm too lazy, but there are at least two loss edits in this baby.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Regalingualius posted:

Plus, doesn't it have extremely restrictive gun control where it's almost impossible for someone who isn't in the military to own one?

What, you mean there's some relation between gun control and low rates of gun-related violence?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

C.M. Kruger posted:

UNODC says that Russia has a homicide rate of 9.5 per 100,000. "no data" indeed. :yum:

What about guns, though?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

I dunno feels appropriate to the thread and sounds like an origin story to a bunch of the graphs posted here.

A boring PR manager/freelance journalist by day, a pie chart-themed vigilante by night.

PIE CHART MAN! 69% pie chart*, 23% man, 8% other, but 100% hero!

*Pie chart is 33% pie, 56% chart, 11% other

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jul 27, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

willus posted:

both those charts add up to 100% though, that isnt in the spirit of the thread at all :confused:

Pie is 66% pi and 33% e.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sentient Data posted:

This used to be the chart thread, at least have an image

Pi*e chart:

Fine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What a garbage image. Where the hell is Christian democracy?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Even USSR in 1945 wasn't 100% stalinist.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the non-sexual butt.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Belpit posted:

Can you seriously not imagine a context in which a butt can be non-sexual

Not when it's a peach emoji.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Newroz? More like neurosis.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wear the Cynefin Star of Disorder like a crucifix.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually it's about hard (vertical line) and soft (horizontal) skills.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aschlafly posted:

You take that right back, AYB is just as funny now as it was 18 years ago you monster

Aschlafly posted:

18 years ago

*crumbles into dust*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sweeperbravo posted:

Comparisons like that need a third "Jesus" column. Washed poor people's feet? NOT BANNON.

You don't know what the man's into.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One can already pay a woman to get pregnant and then give up the baby. The libertarian utopia is upon us, I say.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can't wait to turn 42 and finally as happy as a regular person.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Finnish, Dutch, and Polish are also on point. But I suspect it's just because those graphs are more like ink-blot tests.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

canyoneer posted:

I always liked how this one business communication (lol) textbook I had would contradict its own message over and over.

"People are people everywhere, and there's a great deal of variance of practices between different cultures and groups within a country, as well as differences of practices within cultures or groups"

one chapter later...

"Korean people negotiate like this, doo do doo doo doo, but French people negotiate like this, doo doo do do doo."

Lmao, sounds exactly like the French.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TinTower posted:

Google Trends for "International Men's Day"

Googling it right now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A fluffy lump of sugar, the tastiest food known to man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pakled posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious that chart was talking exclusively about colored candy, not the things that common candy flavors are based on. This isn't some sperg who's never eaten a fruit before, it's a ranking of candy flavors.

Yeah, all those creamsicle-flavoured sweets.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Black licorice is the single most horrifying flavor mankind has ever produced.

Only if you're a literal baby.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

System Metternich posted:

Does anyone know where the original one (the 'Christian dark ages' one, not the 'hyper-war' one) was initially posted? I'd like to see how people reacted to that turd.

Reddit, I want to say. It's a meme in r/badhistory.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao, he's actually doubled-down on defending this graph with a huge article about why it's actually correct. Love that he makes a graph demonstrating the relative height of three trees without taking into account that one of them is further away from the observer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The Field.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can see Ba2lefield as an actual title by 2020, to be frank. Compared to RESIDENT EVII_ it's not too far-fetched.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Battlefield: 1-2-Switch (For Nintendo Switch-2-1).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Batt10field.

E: Batt10f1010.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The fish rots from the head.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What about toast sandwich?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fathis Munk posted:

That picture is actually a pretty good argument against sophisticated visual aids.

That picture is visual AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Ehh, seems legit to me

No memes. Not very accurate.