Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

rich people are just as retarded as the rest of us, more so because they can afford mistakes

Accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Overwined posted:

All services for hire that would inevitably be less expensive than paying out alimony and child support.

what is the difference

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Trophy wives are the only ones redistributing wealth, marx was close but no cigar. we all need to stop making things for the rich and just gently caress em

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

ChairmanMeow posted:

what is the difference

Cheaper and less anguish.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how the courts can assign huge payments in these rich people divorces because that's the lifestyle they've come to expect but they can't just take rich people's money and give it to someone who literally can't afford food or shelter. Median household income in the us is something like 50/year, this could literally subsidize 20 lower middle class families completely.

but then they'd stop working. and wow 20 whole people

not really supporting a hedge fund dickhead though lol

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I'd pork but I probably wouldnt answer her calls

wtf is homeboy on the left drawing?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how the courts can assign huge payments in these rich people divorces because that's the lifestyle they've come to expect but they can't just take rich people's money and give it to someone who literally can't afford food or shelter. Median household income in the us is something like 50/year, this could literally subsidize 20 lower middle class families completely.

your math is a little off, she's seeking $1mn/mo. so more like 240 goddamn families.

well maybe we'll get to see the poor peel him like a potato on public access in like a decade

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh dope posted:

place mats at most fundraisers have mazes and activities

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The White Dragon posted:

your math is a little off, she's seeking $1mn/mo. so more like 240 goddamn families.

well maybe we'll get to see the poor peel him like a potato on public access in like a decade

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh and my bad, 20 was for just 1 million so it's actually that each month you could feed and home 20 families for an entire year for that much. That would be 240 families total a year, even more jarring of a figure as that would be over 500 people factoring in your 'typical household'.

ArbitraryC posted:

Like we can take 1 million a month from this guy to keep the life style his ex-wife is accustomed to but we can't take that 1 million a month to feed, clothe, and shelter, ~240 families or around five hundred people a year. There's just something really depressing about that.

naem
May 29, 2011

oh dope posted:

A dark portal to the eldar gods for an upcoming business luncheon

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
you guys read the article? They didn't disclose what they settled on, but it isn't that. they had a pre-nup, she argued that it should be thrown out cuz she was coerced into signing it. defense probably argued that 'no pre-nup, no marriage' is not coercion, it's the terms of the deal. she probably got something closer to what the pre-nup called for.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChairmanMeow posted:

place mats at most fundraisers have mazes and activities

guy must be a sheriff somewhere because it looks like he's coloring inside the lines

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Lufiron posted:

you guys read the article? They didn't disclose what they settled on, but it isn't that. they had a pre-nup, she argued that it should be thrown out cuz she was coerced into signing it. defense probably argued that 'no pre-nup, no marriage' is not coercion, it's the terms of the deal. she probably got something closer to what the pre-nup called for.

I believe I stand righteously when calling you a niggerhitler fuckfaggot with a one-inch dick. :smug:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

oh dope posted:

Haven't you heard? Rich people are just the brain-damaged inbred offspring of the Illuminati, paraded around to infuriate the more intelligent of the lower and middle classes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

oh dope posted:

don't act like you dont know

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

mr rich man im willing to bash her skull in with a hammer for thje low price of $100,000 a month for the rest of my life

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
50 bucks says she ends up ...... "missing" :black101:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
lol 1 million a month for 30 years is like less than 10% of the amount of money this guy has right now. hes not going to risk jail for that

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 8, 2015

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or talk to a goon

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Alan Smithee posted:

don't act like you dont know

with an arrow pointing to the "tip" line

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i bet theyre getting divorce because she regularly beat the poo poo out of him

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
when i win the lottery i will pay this woman 1 million dollars to cum into her rear end in a top hat once every two hours for a month

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Check out those comments. :eyepop:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mange Mite posted:

lol 1 million a month for 30 years is like less than 10% of the amount of money this guy has right now. hes not going to risk jail for that

he could start a genocide and not go to jail

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

oh dope posted:

next week on arrested development:

a young barry zuckerkorn tries his hand at drawing up the prenup for ken griffins wedding, leading to the tragedy you are watching today. GOB some tricks are actually illusions, when he maries a hooker he met at a fundraiser for his fathers business.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

normally i am all "kill the rich"

but this guy looks like he should just be imprisoned and subjected to daily horrific torture sessions

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are you loving kidding dude just pay the million. He wouldn't even loving notice it if someone was scraping 5 times that off the top anyway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tuxedo Gin posted:

normally i am all "kill the rich"

but this guy looks like he should just be imprisoned and subjected to daily horrific torture sessions

his wealth should be taken and he should be placed in a humane reeducation facility doing socially useful labor until he learns the error of his ways

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I don't mind when bad things happen to rich people

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

She doesn't look hot enough to be a trophy wife. More like participation award wife.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Take that women!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Uncle Wemus posted:

She doesn't look hot enough to be a trophy wife. More like participation award wife.

probably shes the starter wife, the one who raises all your kids

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

she was probably some kind of heir or another

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Are you loving kidding dude just pay the million. He wouldn't even loving notice it if someone was scraping 5 times that off the top anyway.

funny we don't notice while he scrapes a billion off the top every year

but drat 15 billion annual for nasa may as well kill my children while you're at it

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

nomadologique posted:

when i win the lottery i will pay this woman 1 million dollars to cum into her rear end in a top hat once every two hours for a month

wow thats like 360 orgasms

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

dude "made" 3.9b in four years, he could write her a check for like 50 years of that alimony and loving laugh in her face and fly off on a jetpack

we should be killing all of these people, like with our bare hands in the most brutal way possible

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

City of Tampa posted:

dude "made" 3.9b in four years, he could write her a check for like 50 years of that alimony and loving laugh in her face and fly off on a jetpack

we should be killing all of these people, like with our bare hands in the most brutal way possible

Not only that, but he also settled it out of court so he wouldn't have to pay her ~1% of his annual income

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
In terms of someone making 50k a year it would be like getting ready to go to court over your ex demanding you pay them $40 a month

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Aralan posted:

Not only that, but he also settled it out of court so he wouldn't have to pay her ~1% of his annual income

That whore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ArbitraryC posted:

Like we can take 1 million a month from this guy to keep the life style his ex-wife is accustomed to but we can't take that 1 million a month to feed, clothe, and shelter, ~240 families or around five hundred people a year. There's just something really depressing about that.
Actually, if his income is ~1 billion a year, we're most likely taking something in the neighborhood of 230 million a year, or just shy of 20 million a month to do miscellaneous things with.

• Locked thread