Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lufiron posted:

you guys read the article? They didn't disclose what they settled on, but it isn't that. they had a pre-nup, she argued that it should be thrown out cuz she was coerced into signing it. defense probably argued that 'no pre-nup, no marriage' is not coercion, it's the terms of the deal. she probably got something closer to what the pre-nup called for.

She didn't argue anything. She hired a lawyer, and he argued that she should get more money than was stipulated in the contract she signed when they married.
That's the lawyer's job, and the lawyer gets paid a lot of money to do it, especially when it's a total waste of time. Divorce lawyers live to file meaningless injunctions and rack up hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I'm the billionary butthole.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
JFC, why is everyone talking about killing this poor, well-to-do woman? She lost her case.

She's not getting a million dollars a month. It's just something her rear end in a top hat lawyer said, and he had no basis to ask for it, so they lost.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

beedeebee posted:

Also, the dude "made" 77 million/month. Why shouldn't he give his wife some money? What's wrong with you guys?

Well, she's his ex-wife. I mean.. He probably doesn't even like her that much.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Decebal posted:

He's not a victim, but why would he pay someone for years to get plowed by other dudes ? Money is usually exchanged for some service. Why would he pay her that much ? What is he getting in

order to warrant this expense ?

She writes the checks for the kids boarding school and nannys and poo poo, drat. I mean she's the mother to his child(s?) (i think?)

• Locked thread