Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

My friend is there lie in the front row and he too sweeted Kevin Nash. I hate my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I hope this is the first Takeover where Finn doesn't summon the demon. It's not worth losing a bit of his soul for a tag tournament.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

They will never show the actual bump on the poisoned frankensteiner because Sasha nearly died.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I really hope Bayley rides down on a zipline in a white, sparkly outfit.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It's so refreshing to have a show with a theme running through every match and a name that makes sense.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The embossing on the jacket is so loving cool

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I also love that they changed the stage up so that Takeover feels special despite being in the same place as TV.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This match is so good

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Storytelling that will carry through to another match. I'm in wrestle heaven.

The Mechanics looked amazing tonight. They did so many small things that show that they study tag wrestling hard. Wilder throwing Dawson back into the ring to tag was brilliant.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I can't wait to see how high Jordan can get Rhyno for the Grand Amplitude.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Ok singing Gable's name to the Angle theme is awesome.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Wrong team but holy poo poo that last three minutes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Finn and Joe win but Joe turns after the match because Finn kept tagging in for the win

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tyler Breeze is the backbone of NXT. Dude can always be relied on.

That finisher was insane. It was like Apollo saw a Blue Thunder Driver and thought it relied too much on momentum and not enough on pure strength.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

If Corbin and Rhyno win, I hope they continue as a team and get some matching gear. They work nicely as a unit.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I wish it had been Jordan and Gable in the final, but I'm fine with Finn and Joe winning. When you present two guys as unbeatable forces, it's fine if they win it all. They are clearly the top dogs on the roster.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

I'm not complaining, but having Finn and Joe win and not turn on each other is an unexpected choice of finish.

I'm standing by my prediction that Joe turns after they win.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I love wrestlers posing with trophies. We need more trophies.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The pre-main event music in NXT always gets my heart racing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That finish was amazing. Don't gently caress with Izzy or you will get your head stomped in

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

What I love most about the match wasn't just that the hand played into the finish, but that all of the biggest spots played on the last match and the overall story of the match built on the entire Bayley story arc. loving fantastic work from everyone (even Eyebrows Ref).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Jordan has always shown ridiculous power (did tonight in Rhyno too) but this match was Gable's coming out party. Corbin is not a small dude and the crowd went nuts for that spot.

If they handle him right, the sky is the limit because he clearly is a natural in the ring.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

pressedbunny posted:

Uh, I'm not sure you know what you're saying.

I'm saying that I felt that the match was a celebration of Chad Gable telling people that he is attracted to other men.

You think I don't know words?

On an unrelated note, Asuka killing Dana Brooke made my girlfriend like Asuka. It normally takes a lot for her to like any wrestler because she hates wrestling, so Asuka is that cool.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Now that the main event is over and I know it lived up to its hype, I feel okay talking about the two moments where I was very worried that it was going to get derailed by injury (I did not want to be the guy who jinxed it). The first was Sasha's bad bump on the Japanese armdrag. It was such a simple spot and so early in the match that it could have been utterly disastrous. I couldn't tell if Sasha was selling or legit concussed at first and I was ready to be really let down. The other moment was Bayley tweaking her knee when she hit the floor, mostly because it looked realistic and had no part in the story of the match. We are all lucky that both women survived those scares to deliver a MOTYC, but man, Sasha needs to quit landing on her head. My heart can't take it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Flameingblack posted:

Thought that too until I realized that one of them could have made it in before 10 and the other would get counted out.

I think that is actually how Sasha got her second fall. I'd have to go back and watch, but in the moment it definitely didn't feel like a full 10 count with her in the ring.

Thinking more about the story of the match, I love that Sasha's two falls both came from really heeling it up. Until the newly focused Bayley tore through the roster, Sasha held onto the belt with pure skill. She may have played dirty early in matches, but she won the belt and retained through clean finishes where she was just better. Coming into this match, Sasha's goal was to prove that Bayley was only the better wrestler in Brooklyn by a fluke. Then when the match started and it was clear that this would be Brooklyn all over again, she got desperate to prove it so she had to go right to the Ric Flair playbook. And that couldn't even work because Bayley is the new ace who will bust out brand new submissions to win in the last 10 seconds.

For as much as WWE relies on story lines to drive the product, you'd think that they would want their matches to tell deeper stories than "This guy kicked out and then the other guy kicked out and now a third guy hit is here to cause a DQ."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sidebar: I don't know the name of the ref with the incredibly groomed eyebrows, but after Brooklyn and last night, he's on my "good ref" radar. Always in position, enforces the rules properly, and his counts are smooth and regular.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Golashes posted:

I thought the ending was great too but on the other hand it's the second women's main event they've ended with something like this in a row. It was fine and justified but you can't ignore the lack of build to pretty much anything coming next in any story in NXT right now.

Good event, hope we get some idea what's next soon, time to stop hugging for a bit and set up some rasslin.

Not every show needs to set up the next angle. That is what TV is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Eltoasto posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo never gets involved with the title and is hotshotted to the main roster. There's no way Vince can resist a guy like that and all he really needs to do is work on the character.

He's already playing one of Vince's ideal black characters. I mean he smiles and everything. What more could you want?

• Locked thread