Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I do love the fans singing the Angle theme song at Gable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Zyla posted:

im so happy for rhyno hes like the old dog that got adopted by an insanely loving family living out the last years of his life with a special bed and all the toys he could ever play with

I've also been pleasantly surprised at the work he puts in. I mean, he's no spring chicken and he's not putting on any masterpieces out there, but he's not just coasting either.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That was a cool finish at least

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I still can't get over Corbin's weird skinnyfat torso. I don't know, put a Roman Reigns Shameful Body Flak Jacket on him and shave his head and I might be okay with the guy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
FACEKICKING TIME

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I do enjoy that Emma's contribution to the Dana posing is "Hey check out my butt"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Asuka . . .DOESN'T have stereotypical japanese music :confused:

She's got "I'm here to murder you" music

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahaha at making fun of her dumb posing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Speaking of people who have really improved

Dana Brooke

I can't tell if she's improved that much or if Asuka is just so good that she can literally carry anyone to an awesome match

(edit) THAT JUMPING ARM BAR

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think Asuka probably can carry anyone to a good match, since you don't really have to sell her moves so much as you just try not to die as she does whatever the gently caress she wants

that was a loving great debut

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Carver Crisis posted:

if he ever turns face I could see him being a better Dolph Ziggler than Dolph Ziggler

unfortunately, with this gimmick his ceiling is probably "better Fandango than Fandango"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
NICE COUNTER SEQUENCE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oatgan posted:

everyone does powerbombs now

I hope that's not going to be his new finisher. I don't hate it, but like you said, everyone does powerbombs and I like the Uhaa Combo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I hope Vince is creaming his pants at Apollo. He's like what they always wanted Lashley to be.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

pressedbunny posted:

I have a horrible feeling it'll be really good but not up to the unrealistic expectations so it'll go down as a disappointment. See: most Takeover main events.

To be fair, most Takeover main events have been disappointments because they've immediately followed a womens' match that stole the show

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That's...weird. I kind of assumed they were setting up a deeper angle here. Maybe WWE has just overconditioned me to expect a clusterfuck.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Aww well that was all very nice :unsmith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dias posted:

Sasha is having a hard time not selling how excited she is for this. :3:

It looked to me like she was almost holding back tears for a second there :3:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
They're both doing their gimmicks but they both also look serious as gently caress underneath

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dr. rear end posted:

Sasha landing on her head count: 1

If I have any complaint about Sasha it's that she's has a bizarre talent for landing awkwardly on her head and neck. Not in a "oh that's a cool sell" way but more in a "oh her loving spine" way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Le Saboteur posted:

Sasha learned those eye rakes from Kevin Owens.

Along with making sure the ref's view was obstructed! Smart heeling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
These two work so well together

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blasmeister posted:

so soon we forget All Night Long

I assumed that was the second one

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
hahaha Sasha you monster

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh my god this is hilarious, I love you Sasha

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Okay Sasha but you might want to try and rack up another pin here in between all the trash talk

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
WALLS OF BOSSICHO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sasha about to snap and just murder a woman

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

lamentable dustman posted:

Bayley giving into the dark side :ohdear:

You never think of Bayley going heel but she could actually be pretty effective just judging by the intensity here

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
FOOT ON THE ROPE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MagicCube posted:

Yeah roll her over a couple of times to the ropes, makes sense to me. Show a replay of it too.

yeah, it was probably supposed to go to the right side rope. I can excuse it, they must both be pretty wiped about now

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
HOLY poo poo THAT WHOLE SEQUENCE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I wanna give some credit to the announcers for actually understanding and explaining poo poo like "Sasha can't fully lock it in because of the hand injury" instead of the garbage commentary we get on the main show

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
little bit of a weird ending but what a great loving match overall

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ah sasha making me tear up over here

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MagicCube posted:

Where's the flowers for the men? Sexist much?

hey they tried to give the men flowers in Japan and Owens tossed them out of the ring!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Astro7x posted:

Owens ruined it by throwing his out of the ring in Japan

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Capsaicin posted:

Did Asuka use the Bom-A-Ye in her match?

She used the "I gently caress you up any way I drat please"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Codependent Poster posted:

I really hope they don't screw Bayley up when she moves to the main roster. She should be a huge star for them.

My hope is that she's well-known enough now because of these last few matches and NXT has gained enough mainstream following that her gimmick won't get the Emma Dance Perplexed Silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

can wwe just stop pretending televised nxt is developmental and just pay all the top women's wrestlers there main roster money in order to be a separate division?

I've honestly been wishing for this for awhile. They have enough women's talent now to do a 1-hour show of their own, and they could stop trying to cram ALL their talent in via tag matches or three way matches or stables that no one cares about

• Locked thread