Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

omg Dana vs. Apollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I think it would be really awesome if Sasha does a splash tonight in honor of Eddie, the crowd would probably chant it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

oh my god

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

gently caress just look at what Kidd did when he came back down. The main roster has tons of talent, more than NXT, it just doesn't know how to book.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

this is gonna end with Finn costing them the match somehow building to a Joe/Finn title match right? or will that not happen til the final?

Don't know! This can all go a lot of different ways, people are just assuming the Joe/Finn feud because it makes sense.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Gable :swoon:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

LividLiquid posted:

Are they chanting Gable to Kurt Angle's music?

yes

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rhyno's tiny, stubby arms are really getting the business

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The bad guys won booooo

great match

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

holy poo poo that armbar move

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Props to Dana though, she kept up with some pretty fast grappling, sold well, and is a lot more fluid. She still doesn't have the big spots yet but she is definitely developing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ok so Nia has to be showing up tonight at some point then, next challenger for Bayley? hmm

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sigma posted:

I missed the build to this show. Was it as good as the night so far?

The women's match has had some of the best promos for women i've ever seen tbqh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm not staring at Tyler's butt, I'm just looking at my reflection in those shiny pants

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm not normally a huge fan of Breeze in the ring, love everything else, but man is he working tonight.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Big Queefy posted:

Is it bad that i can't find myself caring about this final? It's in Dusty's honor, but man. They could have built a legit badass tag team. Not just 4 singles guys who won't ever tag again.

This isn't for the title or even contender status. The point of this is to put over some teams and probably start Finn's next feud.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SWERVE, you didn't get swerved, just a good match

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Joe/Finn feud will start over who gets to have the trophy Saturday night.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lmbo right in front of Izzie

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

oh my god IT WAS THE HAND SHE WORKED ON

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That was loving great. What a drat takeover

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It was always going to be pretty impossible to top a match that was great and had 16,000 screaming fans. That was loving fantastic and I loved the counters and callbacks to the first match.

As for Sasha on the main roster, if you notice she hasn't actually lost a match. She is getting protected and I bet she goes for the belt once Charlotte is clear of Nikki.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I enjoyed it but I think they hosed up the match storytelling between Sasha and Bayley. If your narrative is that Banks has the skills, the ruthlessness, and the cunning to be the best and Bayley has to get by on her heroic qualities (and hints at tapping into some inner rage) Banks has to be more dominant. Give her more than a single pin lead, create some space for Bayley to overcome. Spend more time establishing that on paper, Sasha Banks is just plain better. When they're trading pins and control of the match, you're not selling me a story that really matters, y'know? You're saying "here's two evenly matched competitors, ps the good guy won." Since Bayley is supposed to be getting by on ability, heart, drive, etc., show me that by showing me her striving through getting her rear end kicked. Do it like they did with CM Punk, where he'd get his rear end kicked for most of the match but fight like a desperate cornered animal. You could put Punk against monsters like Lesnar and still look credible because he always looked like he was scratching and clawing to stay alive against superior opponents.

I've caught flack for saying it before but Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch did a better job of showing who the characters are and making me care about their struggle.

Naw, the heels and faces don't have to be pure good and pure evil. Having Bayley get her rear end kicked for most of the match is a stupid way of moving forward since Bayley is going to be the one keeping the division alive as it rebuilds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Blasmeister posted:

Jordan/Gable still can be easily slotted into a tag title feud as the Dusty Classic winners aren't going to figure into it so it's a blank slate. And the tournament has done a good job at getting them tv time and the fan reactions to them will surely be noticed. I don't see any reason to worry about them.

As well, the mechanics beat the current champs and have a claim on a title shot. I thought the tournament did a good job of showing off Gable/Jordan and the Mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo never gets involved with the title and is hotshotted to the main roster. There's no way Vince can resist a guy like that and all he really needs to do is work on the character.

• Locked thread