Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This show wasn't as good as the Brooklyn show.

Gable/Jordan should have gone over, the finals had no one caring as it was hard to get behind a monster face team vs a heel team when the faces are the huge overdogs.

Tyler should've gone over Apollo in that match. Tyler beat the poo poo out of Apollo who sold and sold then having Apollo win felt... wrong. Tyler needed that win a lot more than Apollo did.

Bayley/Sasha was good but was not as good as the Brooklyn match. Sasha is the best heel.

Asuka was the standout star of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Hace posted:

Breeze is already established wouldn't gain anything from beating and up and coming guy, and Apollo winning helps cement himself as a title picture guy.

Its too hard and too fast. NXT is suffering an extent from overpushing currently, which is not necessarily a bad thing but this would be the third title challenger quickly built from joining. Sami spent over a year working to his shot, it was great. Then Owens killed him which went with his gimmick of taking his spot which was great. Then Finn took it off Owens because Owens was moved to the main that was a bit sudden and it was good but Finn was reletively new. Now we have Apollo immediately as being pushed to the mains over Breeze and if he wins the belt is playing hop scotch and if he loses where does he go?

Breeze is "established" as an NXT guy but at the last event he lost to Jushin Liger and now rather than being an escalating feud with Crews he has become a speed bump. He has lost the sheen of being a guy who is at the top but not the top. Now he's the NXT Val Venis which is NOT something NXT needs as now no one can take him seriously as a threat. A win and feud with Crews would have elevated both, now they're both in a weird spot.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
If they wanted to have a match where Apollo was being beat the gently caress up on and then won overcoming adversity it would've been better with Baron Corbin for example which while the match would suck a lot more would've made more sense with the story they wanted to tell. Instead Breeze, who comparatively looks small to Apollo and is not a powerhouse, worked his rear end off desperate for the win fighting and clawing and trying his best. And then Apollo won. It's just not a good use of either of them.

• Locked thread