Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
It's a tough start but I recommend tracking your expenses. From that we can help you construct a budget to check against and see if we can get you out of the debt hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

Do you want a list of my recent spending or what do you mean?

If you have a whole month of expenses that's worth looking at. If you don't record them. Makes it easier to help with the budget and to see where your spending is really at.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

n8r posted:

Have you gotten rid of your credit cards?

I think you should look into get a HELOC loan to pay off your CC debt.

This is a good one as it would mean you have a far lower interest rate to pay.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
With the changes you have made you should now have some unallocated money each month. Given that the Capitol One card is likely to be costing you $95+ a month in interest at the current balance that is the logical place to put that money. That card needs more than minimum payments.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Uncle Wemus posted:

What should I do about the Discover one? Thats a transfer but 6000 bux is a lot to pay off. Should I just go full force on the Capitol One card?

Because the Capitol One card charges 19.8% interest you need to pay that off first. The minimum monthly payment on the Discover One is fine just so long as you don't charge anything to that card. Once the 0% period is coming up just apply for another 0% card and do a balance transfer again. That buys you more interest free time to attack the balance.

What we're suggesting is the avalanche method of repayments. This decreases the amount of interest paid each month quickly and the money not used for paying interest allows you to repay the debt faster. To put it in more tangible terms every $100 you pay off on the Capitol One card you save $1.65 in interest each month. Whereas $100 put on the 0% card saves $0 in interest per month. It's the interest paid each month that makes being in debt difficult.

• Locked thread