Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Is there really a second car? That would seem to be a rather obvious place to start...

Is it just a quirk of how things are being listed in that software, or are you really going to the grocery store upwards of three times a day?

You would probably do well to get your bank to set up a free savings account (or as low fee as you can get) and automatically shuttle some cash from your paycheque into that to start building an emergency fund. And those minimum payments, is that what you sent or were you going above? Minimum payments on those amounts are going to take you more than a decade to clear those cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

When I type it all out I really do look like a chump :(

You actually come from a way better position than pretty much everyone else that has one of these threads, so at least comparatively you are doing well.

Just to clarify about the mortgage, you are the only owner, right? Because...

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Do you have any marketable skills? I mean you graduated college so right off the bat I feel like you're eligible for a lot of "degree required" positions that just put that as a first filter. I know you said that a big raise is coming, but if you have a chance keep trying to get your earnings up by looking for a new job. That would likely be the most impactful change that you could make. I know that "get a new job" is easier said than done, but there might be secondary revenue streams you haven't thought of: tutoring in subjects you did well in, etc.

If you are the only owner of that house, are you declaring the rent money as income? That will be a possibly unpleasant tax bill otherwise should anyone come to notice.

And although your availability makes some other kinds of work difficult (I'm guessing you're like 4 pm to midnight or so?) you can still freelance.

Comedy option: by virtue of your job, a good way to make a bit of extra cash by scooping discarded high school essays, scanning/retyping and selling them to paper mills.

• Locked thread