Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex

dogcrash truther posted:

Mary sounds cool, let me talk to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

dogcrash truther posted:

You can meet her after I'm through with her. She's doubledating with my fists and the parking lot for what she did to psl.

devil

thats not what double dating is

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

exactly :evilbuddy:

pig slut lisa

irl is good

dogcrash truther posted:

i don't decide what happens between you and mary.

you don't decide what happens between you and mary.

mary decides what happens between you and mary.

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hey I went outside recently.

How about you?

Where are the surfing stories? What the heck?

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Surf boart, clim & long boart (skatey boart) and now I've destroyed my bod. Peace

Lil Cunty

my husband and I and 9 of our friends rent a cabin in a different part of the state every three months and spend a long weekend. it gives us all a chance to relax, catch up with each other and also explore the state we live in and it's beautiful mountains, forests and beaches

this last cabin was on whidbey island. there was a spooky trail from the cabin to the beach

and then the beach

the puget sound looking all cutie

toot toot. a boat

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

hello little boat

devil

Lil Cunty posted:

my husband and I and 9 of our friends rent a cabin in a different part of the state every three months and spend a long weekend. it gives us all a chance to relax, catch up with each other and also explore the state we live in and it's beautiful mountains, forests and beaches

this last cabin was on whidbey island. there was a spooky trail from the cabin to the beach

and then the beach

the puget sound looking all cutie

toot toot. a boat

i have family that used to live on whidbey and its seriously one of the coolest places on earth, though the community that lives there is really insular and has an "on the island/off the island" dynamic that kinda grosses me out

Lil Cunty

dave. posted:

i have family that used to live on whidbey and its seriously one of the coolest places on earth, though the community that lives there is really insular and has an "on the island/off the island" dynamic that kinda grosses me out

all the islands around here have that and you're right it is gross

having said that it is my dream to someday retire on one of them and get all uptight when city kids come to weekend on MY ISLAND

ty crap

ty landy

the unabonger

Picnic Princess posted:

Hey I went outside recently.

How about you?

Where are the surfing stories? What the heck?

i have been busy with teaching and classes about teaching and my softball team. ill have stories after tomorrow tho, theres always a few dudes who dress up in the lineup

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
im dont go outside.. but i like to imagine it sometimes... the cool breeze flowing through my hair, the grass against mu feet, the dim light of the sun surrounded by beautiful cloud cover... a brewski in hand and im off on an outdoors adventure :D ah... the life of an outdoorsman... what a world :cheerdoge:

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I've been busy as poo poo lately, but maybe someday in the far-off future I'll be able to go hiking again. We got snow above 9000' a few nights ago, apparently, it didn't stick around much, but Angel Fire has a decent snowpack already and it's only a matter of time before it starts falling decently around my city too. I can't wait :allears: I LOVE hiking in the snow.

Yo, imma blob

have you any wool
i am studying to get my hunting license so that i can go on to get my falconry license :birddrugs: i love hiking & i cant wait to start hunting too. i dont have any experience hunting or any friends who hunt but in order to be a falconer you have to study as an apprentice under a general-level or master falconer, so i'm not going in totally blind

heres a picture of a harris hawk from this one time i went to a falconry learning place, $50 to learn the very basics and have a hawk land on your arm, money well spent imho

this little guy was probably like 4 pounds heavy but his grip on my arm even though the leather gauntlet was like a really angry person squeezing my wrist. also this particular hawk was held by the dos equis beer guy in a photoshoot for GQ so it was basically like meeting a celebrity

GoodbyeTurtles

Went to help out young people training for a big walking event I did when I was a young people.

It was hella windy and rainy and foggy so I chilled In a cave on a hill for 3 hours then went to the pub.

Yo, imma blob

have you any wool
drat that rules. i'd love to go hiking someplace like that in thick fog :3:

GoodbyeTurtles

Yo, imma blob posted:

drat that rules. i'd love to go hiking someplace like that in thick fog :3:

I was just there making sure the teams weren't lost, though apparently shortly after I checked them through most of them ended up blindly zig-zagging around until they had to call the walk short. When I did it I never got lost because im a fucken hero

Lil Cunty

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Went to help out young people training for a big walking event I did when I was a young people.

It was hella windy and rainy and foggy so I chilled In a cave on a hill for 3 hours then went to the pub.

that's really prerty

ty crap

ty landy

GoodbyeTurtles

It was cool because the fog lifted for about 10 seconds revealing a huge tor (hill with rocks on it) right behind that lil stack of granite that we didn't even know was that close

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

thats cool... nice hill

Piso Mojado

after 2 cold days in a tree, I got a deer today. looking forward to making some jerky.

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out
I could tell a story.

One time I almost got fired for refusing to kill a snake.

At the time I was working at this house:

That picture was taken in April, when the daffodils were blooming.

I was one of two full-time live-in workers on the property; the other was a carpenter, mechanic, woodsman and all-around handyman who was much older than I, and a native to the area.

In addition to feeding the daffodils (they eat bone meal) and general maintenance of the grounds, I was tasked with rehabilitating an herb and vegetable garden that had been allowed to run wild for four years prior to my arrival.

The previous holder of my post had "put the garden to sleep" (i.e. prepared the beds for the winter) by laying down a series of plastic tarps; the owner of the property, however, had moved to the other side of the country for several years, and hadn't kept the gardener on in their absence. So the tarps were neglected, and by the time I showed up the plastic was shredded into pieces and imbedded into the soil from four years of wind, rain, snow, and hail.

This in itself wasn't a big problem; the plastic was easy to remove by hand. But it had created a series of tiny tent-like structures in the weeds that a local tribe of garter snakes had made their home.

The owner of the property was (is) a great lover of the garden, and in fact had only hired me because their demanding schedule made it too difficult for them to devote the time and energy to the land that it required. But on every possible occasion they would join me, digging trenches and pulling weeds, and when they became too tired to work (they were much older than I) they would direct my labors and lend advice.

Unfortunately, they also had a deep fear of animals. Especially snakes.

After the first encounter of the season, which involved my employer shrieking like they'd been shot and fleeing the vegetable garden, I was instructed to massacre every snake I encountered. I, however, was not inclined to follow this instruction; the tiny snakes which inhabit the region in which I was employed are nonvenomous, gentle-natured, and harmless, and I did not wish to kill them.

Instead I chased them out of the garden. But my employer one day witnessed me lackadaisically nudging a snake with my shovel instead of ferociously cleaving it into two pieces, and accused me of being a "sympathizer".

They called the other handyman over from where he was weather-proofing a small shed and had him kill the snake.

I'd never seen anything writhe so horribly in my life. It was deeply unpleasant.

Relations between myself and my employer were tense for weeks afterward, though they did eventually normalize.

I was involved in the murder of a woodchuck later in the season also.

Woof.

I really liked my employer, and the garden was beautiful and varied; most of it was

it had the character of a botanical garden, containing rare plants from all over the world. Indoors there was a sunroom wherein there were beautiful flowing cacti and more fragile non-native plants.

I learned so much about flowers from my employer. Peonies were a big part of my job, during their growing season; if they aren't properly supported, their blooms will get so big that they'll snap themselves in half under their own weight, so a lot of time and energy was spent gathering and distributing proper support systems for them.

Sorry. I don't know how much reminiscing is appropriate here.

I eventually left that job, in part because I disliked killing animals I didn't intend to eat.

It felt somehow wasteful.

Anyway. That's my story.

I know it's a little different than the other ones in the thread but I hope it isn't too out of place to be a contribution.

dogcrash truther
I love your stories, FilthIncarnate.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

FilthIncarnate posted:

...my employer one day witnessed me lackadaisically nudging a snake with my shovel instead of ferociously cleaving it into two pieces, and accused me of being a "sympathizer".

lol

FilthIncarnate

dogcrash truther posted:

I love your stories, FilthIncarnate.

I am glad to hear that, Mr. Dogcrash Truther.

I recognize that this thread is neither the time nor the place, but I request that you and I have a serious conversation at some point.

Though I am unsure how to go about doing it, there is much that I wish to discuss with you.

I hope that you will find yourself amenable to this.

I also hope that you will forgive my bluntness; I am

I never learned to be tactful.

To be fair, that was an accurate portrayal of the situation; I did indeed sympathize with the snake.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
It's your writing, it's good, and that was well timed

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I can't help a burning desire to know your feelings on otters though.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

one time my friend went camping and found a tick on his balls when he came home

GEExCEE

FilthIncarnate posted:

I could tell a story.

One time I almost got fired for refusing to kill a snake.

At the time I was working at this house:

That picture was taken in April, when the daffodils were blooming.

I was one of two full-time live-in workers on the property; the other was a carpenter, mechanic, woodsman and all-around handyman who was much older than I, and a native to the area.

In addition to feeding the daffodils (they eat bone meal) and general maintenance of the grounds, I was tasked with rehabilitating an herb and vegetable garden that had been allowed to run wild for four years prior to my arrival.

The previous holder of my post had "put the garden to sleep" (i.e. prepared the beds for the winter) by laying down a series of plastic tarps; the owner of the property, however, had moved to the other side of the country for several years, and hadn't kept the gardener on in their absence. So the tarps were neglected, and by the time I showed up the plastic was shredded into pieces and imbedded into the soil from four years of wind, rain, snow, and hail.

This in itself wasn't a big problem; the plastic was easy to remove by hand. But it had created a series of tiny tent-like structures in the weeds that a local tribe of garter snakes had made their home.

The owner of the property was (is) a great lover of the garden, and in fact had only hired me because their demanding schedule made it too difficult for them to devote the time and energy to the land that it required. But on every possible occasion they would join me, digging trenches and pulling weeds, and when they became too tired to work (they were much older than I) they would direct my labors and lend advice.

Unfortunately, they also had a deep fear of animals. Especially snakes.

After the first encounter of the season, which involved my employer shrieking like they'd been shot and fleeing the vegetable garden, I was instructed to massacre every snake I encountered. I, however, was not inclined to follow this instruction; the tiny snakes which inhabit the region in which I was employed are nonvenomous, gentle-natured, and harmless, and I did not wish to kill them.

Instead I chased them out of the garden. But my employer one day witnessed me lackadaisically nudging a snake with my shovel instead of ferociously cleaving it into two pieces, and accused me of being a "sympathizer".

They called the other handyman over from where he was weather-proofing a small shed and had him kill the snake.

I'd never seen anything writhe so horribly in my life. It was deeply unpleasant.

Relations between myself and my employer were tense for weeks afterward, though they did eventually normalize.

I was involved in the murder of a woodchuck later in the season also.

Woof.

I really liked my employer, and the garden was beautiful and varied; most of it was

it had the character of a botanical garden, containing rare plants from all over the world. Indoors there was a sunroom wherein there were beautiful flowing cacti and more fragile non-native plants.

I learned so much about flowers from my employer. Peonies were a big part of my job, during their growing season; if they aren't properly supported, their blooms will get so big that they'll snap themselves in half under their own weight, so a lot of time and energy was spent gathering and distributing proper support systems for them.

Sorry. I don't know how much reminiscing is appropriate here.

I eventually left that job, in part because I disliked killing animals I didn't intend to eat.

It felt somehow wasteful.

Anyway. That's my story.

I know it's a little different than the other ones in the thread but I hope it isn't too out of place to be a contribution.

Cool. Do you know if the house was haunted? Would you know if maybe it would be possible to get divorced there?

GEExCEE

My name is Ingmar Krump. I am the caretaker of these grounds, custodian of the manor, and chief butler to Mr. Dracula.

SulfurMonoxideCute

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snakes are cool and it's good to sympathize with them.

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

snakes are really cool and you're a good person :glomp:

I went hiking in the foothills a while back, I'll post more about it tomorrow, there are pictures somewhere of the city at sunset, but not of the Western Diamondback I found.

FilthIncarnate

Theglavwen posted:

I can't help a burning desire to know your feelings on otters though.

I am not Mr. Enhydra Lutris or I can't remember the scientific name for otters but whatever that is.

I did, however, follow his posting career closely, and I was disappointed when he was run out of BYOB.

Besides, I registered in 2007: that would be a hell of a long con.

GEExCEE posted:

Cool. Do you know if the house was haunted?

The house is not haunted by supernatural forces; an argument could be made that the house is haunted by a story.

I am not sure whether to make that argument; I am concerned that in doing so I will reveal more about myself than I have intended to.

For example: I did not mention that my former employer planted the thousands of daffodils depicted in the photo as a gesture of apology to Wordsworth, though I am doing so now only to illustrate that there is much more to the story that I have not discussed and should not mention.

I'm not sure what is appropriate, ever; most persons find what I believe to be important to be precisely those things that one should never discuss or mention.

I also am concerned that I would, in the telling, hold my former employer up as an object of ridicule.

While we eventually discovered that our thinking diverged in a serious way, of which the snake incident was an illustrative example, my former employer is a person of great seriousness and intelligence whom I still have great respect for, and who was kinder to me than I perhaps deserved.

GEExCEE posted:

Would you know if maybe it would be possible to get divorced there?

I do know of one circumstance wherein my former employer was to permit a marriage on the grounds of that house, but the wedding never occurred.

Probably the divorce of a stranger would be out of the question.

I recognize, however, that you are being facetious, therefore I further respond:

ho ho ho.

GEExCEE posted:

My name is Ingmar Krump. I am the caretaker of these grounds, custodian of the manor, and chief butler to Mr. Dracula.

I'd better watch out for Batman.

In all seriousness, though, I

I've led a strange life.

fema crisis actor posted:

It's your writing, it's good, and that was well timed

Oh okay

thank you :)

meteloides posted:

snakes are really cool and you're a good person :glomp:

I went hiking in the foothills a while back, I'll post more about it tomorrow, there are pictures somewhere of the city at sunset, but not of the Western Diamondback I found.

Thank you.

I would definitely kill a Diamondback though if it proved necessary; those things do not gently caress around.

alnilam

there would never be a reason to kill a diamondback

well i guess if it was inhabiting your outhouse or something and you had no other way to move it

still even then i'd try to capture it live using a bucket on a stick or something, and let it go out in the wild; snakes are chill and don't want to hurt humans

i heard once that most serious snake bites result from idiots daring each other to pick up the snake

ty manifisto

dogcrash truther
if you steal his diambond, he's going to want his diamond back. at that point, its kill or be killed. its right in his name.

alnilam

dogcrash truther posted:

if you steal his diambond, he's going to want his diamond back. at that point, its kill or be killed. its right in his name.

lol

ty manifisto

dogcrash truther
thers an old alabama folk sayin:

if you see a snake with a jewel
don't steal it, you fool

alnilam

a documentary on all the diamondbacks as well as would-be diamond thieves who have died in the name of providing diamonds to sell to the western world

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

dogcrash truther posted:

thers an old alabama folk sayin:

if you see a snake with a jewel
don't steal it, you fool

haha

ty crap

ty landy

• Locked thread