Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

one summer I was building firelines in the Idaho wilderness and we made our camp in a clearing at the top of a smallish mountain we were working. my gf and I had pitched our tent behind this other kids van to take advantage of its shade during the day

that night the worst lightning storm I've ever seen happened. lightening was hitting the ground all around us outside the tent. trees were exploding and the air smelled like fire and ozone. the van we were camped next to was close enough that if you pushed your hand hard enough on the tent wall you could touch it. when lightening struck the van, I'm not even kidding I could see everything perfectly through my eyelids, which where clenched shut bc by this point my ex and I were clinging to each other screaming and crying and wondering what we'd done to deserve this impossible judgement

it was fine nobody died but the kid in the van said the glow in the dark stars on the van ceiling stayed lit up all night so bright he couldn't sleep after

it was one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me though and we left the next week

e: im busy getting ready for work but please pretend I went through and corrected my spelling and autocorrect errors

Lil Cunty fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 9, 2015

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

dogcrash truther posted:

I want to know everything about this for...uhh...halloween when I will pretend to be a fireline builder

I used to be a preschool teacher so I had summer's off. my ex and I would always work at the pea factory in the summer during harvest but they shut it down so we didn't have anything to do for a few months one year so we got jobs with a Panamanian contractor who built firelines in the woods and mountains. It basically entails clearing 500 ft wide lines through the forest so if there is a fire it doesn't spread out of control. there were big guys on our team who could do ax work, several little guys and my ex who operated the chainsaw, and an old guy with one eye who was too weak to cut trees down so me and him cleared brush and undergrowth with a machete bc I am also small and weak

it wasn't very glamorous but I was in the best shape of my life

I hated it though I kept finding poops that smelled like huckleberries and then I found the bear who made the poops and almost made one myself. to this day the smell of huckleberries sends an icy chill down my spine true story

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

my husband and I and 9 of our friends rent a cabin in a different part of the state every three months and spend a long weekend. it gives us all a chance to relax, catch up with each other and also explore the state we live in and it's beautiful mountains, forests and beaches

this last cabin was on whidbey island. there was a spooky trail from the cabin to the beach

and then the beach

the puget sound looking all cutie

toot toot. a boat

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

dave. posted:

i have family that used to live on whidbey and its seriously one of the coolest places on earth, though the community that lives there is really insular and has an "on the island/off the island" dynamic that kinda grosses me out

all the islands around here have that and you're right it is gross

having said that it is my dream to someday retire on one of them and get all uptight when city kids come to weekend on MY ISLAND

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Went to help out young people training for a big walking event I did when I was a young people.

It was hella windy and rainy and foggy so I chilled In a cave on a hill for 3 hours then went to the pub.

that's really prerty

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

dogcrash truther posted:

thers an old alabama folk sayin:

if you see a snake with a jewel
don't steal it, you fool

haha

ty crap