Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEExCEE

tao of lmao posted:

as promised

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

it's far and away the greatest tent I've ever seen

GEExCEE

My favorite part is the flashlight hanging from the top

GEExCEE

mountain: hey

rznvgirl109: hey what's up

mountain:

mountain: u like?

rznvgirl109: wow

mountain: mm i would love u to climb me

mountain: do u have a pic

rznvgirl109: ummm

mountain: how many layers are u wearing

rznvgirl109: i gotta go bye

GEExCEE

mountain: hey whats up im 15million/m/co... i love to be a bottom for beautiful women who let me kiss and worship their big warm asses

biTeen268: u got skype?

GEExCEE

alnilam posted:

geexcee did you stay in ttouch with kilimanjaro after your brief summer fling with it

nope... :twisted:

GEExCEE

FilthIncarnate posted:

I could tell a story.

One time I almost got fired for refusing to kill a snake.

At the time I was working at this house:

That picture was taken in April, when the daffodils were blooming.

I was one of two full-time live-in workers on the property; the other was a carpenter, mechanic, woodsman and all-around handyman who was much older than I, and a native to the area.

In addition to feeding the daffodils (they eat bone meal) and general maintenance of the grounds, I was tasked with rehabilitating an herb and vegetable garden that had been allowed to run wild for four years prior to my arrival.

The previous holder of my post had "put the garden to sleep" (i.e. prepared the beds for the winter) by laying down a series of plastic tarps; the owner of the property, however, had moved to the other side of the country for several years, and hadn't kept the gardener on in their absence. So the tarps were neglected, and by the time I showed up the plastic was shredded into pieces and imbedded into the soil from four years of wind, rain, snow, and hail.

This in itself wasn't a big problem; the plastic was easy to remove by hand. But it had created a series of tiny tent-like structures in the weeds that a local tribe of garter snakes had made their home.

The owner of the property was (is) a great lover of the garden, and in fact had only hired me because their demanding schedule made it too difficult for them to devote the time and energy to the land that it required. But on every possible occasion they would join me, digging trenches and pulling weeds, and when they became too tired to work (they were much older than I) they would direct my labors and lend advice.

Unfortunately, they also had a deep fear of animals. Especially snakes.

After the first encounter of the season, which involved my employer shrieking like they'd been shot and fleeing the vegetable garden, I was instructed to massacre every snake I encountered. I, however, was not inclined to follow this instruction; the tiny snakes which inhabit the region in which I was employed are nonvenomous, gentle-natured, and harmless, and I did not wish to kill them.

Instead I chased them out of the garden. But my employer one day witnessed me lackadaisically nudging a snake with my shovel instead of ferociously cleaving it into two pieces, and accused me of being a "sympathizer".

They called the other handyman over from where he was weather-proofing a small shed and had him kill the snake.

I'd never seen anything writhe so horribly in my life. It was deeply unpleasant.

Relations between myself and my employer were tense for weeks afterward, though they did eventually normalize.

I was involved in the murder of a woodchuck later in the season also.

Woof.

I really liked my employer, and the garden was beautiful and varied; most of it was

it had the character of a botanical garden, containing rare plants from all over the world. Indoors there was a sunroom wherein there were beautiful flowing cacti and more fragile non-native plants.

I learned so much about flowers from my employer. Peonies were a big part of my job, during their growing season; if they aren't properly supported, their blooms will get so big that they'll snap themselves in half under their own weight, so a lot of time and energy was spent gathering and distributing proper support systems for them.

Sorry. I don't know how much reminiscing is appropriate here.

I eventually left that job, in part because I disliked killing animals I didn't intend to eat.

It felt somehow wasteful.

Anyway. That's my story.

I know it's a little different than the other ones in the thread but I hope it isn't too out of place to be a contribution.

Cool. Do you know if the house was haunted? Would you know if maybe it would be possible to get divorced there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

My name is Ingmar Krump. I am the caretaker of these grounds, custodian of the manor, and chief butler to Mr. Dracula.

• Locked thread