Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke

my friend once fractured his tibia & fibia when we were hiking in the brecon beacons so we had to secure it with a stick and some rope and carry him to the nearest road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke

dogcrash truther posted:

Whenever I go hiking I think about what would happen if I broke a limb far from civilization. How the hell did he deal with the pain?

a cocktail of paracetamols, ibuprofen and codeine, hardly touched him but he was on leave from army training at that point so tried to act like the big alpha dog and not show any signs of pain

Piso Mojado posted:

I used to backpack a lot in college and one time I planned a 3 day solo trip through the Ozark mountains. At the end of the first day I was jumping a small stream and tore my ACL. I couldn't walk, and every step was excruciating. I camped there and hoped someone would come by, but no one ever did. luckily, I keep a vicodin in my first aid kit and had lots of weed to help with the pain, i also saw on the map that a road was only two miles away. I ended up putting on a knee wrap, constructed a make-shift crutch, hid my gear, and made it to that road (took me like 8 hours!) where I was picked up by some park rangers. it was the scariest situation in my life and if that road wasn't there I might have died. I never went backpacking again haha.

Sounds scary as heck - an epic story though. I might have to include weed in my first aid kit in future

• Locked thread