Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Tell me your stories. I long to know what it is like to go out of doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

Corbae posted:

my friend once fractured his tibia & fibia when we were hiking in the brecon beacons so we had to secure it with a stick and some rope and carry him to the nearest road

Whenever I go hiking I think about what would happen if I broke a limb far from civilization. How the hell did he deal with the pain?

dogcrash truther

fema crisis actor posted:

Enchanted Rock is a cool place in the Texas Hill Country I like to go.

The name comes from the fact that it expands in the daytime in the heat and contracts in the cool night sometimes, and makes it cool weird deep groaning sound you can hear while you're laying in your tent.

There are lots of good places to smoke weed

Edit: the pedernales river goes through the park near the entrance, once you make camp walk back to the river and turn right, go past 2 barbed wire fences, and the river widens into a awesome flat rock bottom sort of pool on private property where I like to swim. The cows don't seem to mind

Screenshot the google maps image of this place and circle the smoke spots please

dogcrash truther
btw please post pictures of all this stuff, to compliment the interesting words you are writing. I am enjoying this thread. I can now plausibly pretend to know what the great outdoors are like when i correspond with my pen pals.

dogcrash truther

Lil Cunty posted:

one summer I was building firelines in the Idaho wilderness

I want to know everything about this for...uhh...halloween when I will pretend to be a fireline builder

dogcrash truther

Theglavwen posted:

Here's one of the lakes I was talking about earlier. Not the worst example, but all the land in the foreground should be under water, and the water line around the edges ought to be right up to the tree line.

Here's a small stream that I had to walk back down along after wrecking my iliotibial bands.

Aaaand a stairway made out of roots that I thought was neat?

I dunno, most of my pictures are on a portable harddrive I don't feel like digging through right now.

These are great...whereabouts did you take em? Looks like the Pacific Northwest.

dogcrash truther

The outdoors teaches us many lessons, not all of them pleasant.

dogcrash truther

tao of lmao posted:

as promised

lol

dogcrash truther

Wow that's a great sky picture. How did you get it? Whenever I try to photograph stars the photos come out terrible.

dogcrash truther

Picnic Princess posted:

I'll mention something else neat too. At university I'm in a program called ecotourism and outdoor leadership and I also have a minor in physical geography. So I get to go outside a LOT for school. And it's taken me to really cool places all over the world, because I've done field school and expeditions as part of my program. These were all taken during what were either classes, field school, or job shadowing. The outdoors are the best classroom ever!

So I'm basically in school to just do what I always do, which is dick around in nature and maybe make sure clients aren't dying if they're out with me. Ecotourism is really booming now and having people who actually know how to not gently caress things up out there is important enough universities are actually offering degrees in it now. It's awesome.

Oh wow, ok, I have a few questions about your school/program. Not sure if you want to get more specific about where you are but if you don't mind, where are you getting your degree, how rigorous is the coursework (and in what way), how well-funded is the program, is it multidisciplinary in any ways, is a degree really required for this kind of thing/what advantages are there to getting a degree, what kinds of jobs do people do, what kinds of field work/job shadowing did you do, what's the job placement like for people in your program, how long has it been around, do people often double major/minor in your dept and if so what kinds of things, like is it possible to do a film/outdoor leadership double major, do you have to learn a foreign language...sorry, that's a lot of questions.

dogcrash truther

Thanks, that was really informative! For some reason I thought you were in the States, but I guess you've just done trips down?

dogcrash truther

GEExCEE posted:

mountain: hey

rznvgirl109: hey what's up

mountain:

mountain: u like?

rznvgirl109: wow

mountain: mm i would love u to climb me

mountain: do u have a pic

rznvgirl109: ummm

mountain: how many layers are u wearing

rznvgirl109: i gotta go bye

dogcrash truther
Mary sounds cool, let me talk to her.

dogcrash truther
I love your stories, FilthIncarnate.

dogcrash truther
if you steal his diambond, he's going to want his diamond back. at that point, its kill or be killed. its right in his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
thers an old alabama folk sayin:

if you see a snake with a jewel
don't steal it, you fool

• Locked thread