Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck. marry. t-rex

One time I went backpacking in the Appalachians in about a foot and a half of snow and the first morning was really loving cold to where we had to start hiking so we didn't freeze

Anyway we hiked up this whole drat mountain sidewinding and it took like 12 hours and it was miserable and exhausting and then when we got to the top we sat for a while. Then we sprinted down the whole slope with gravity and it was super easy- literally flew down intersecting our trudged cutbacks in the snow over and over me and my friends running as fast as we could and we finished in about 15 minutes and it was v exhilarating. Then we left because if stayed another night we'd probably die it was like -10f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex

One time I went outside at night and there was a glowing color changing baby octopus in my friend's hand, because we were 40 under water in a reef under our moored boat, and my friend was a northern irish marine conservationist in the bahama marine park

fuck. marry. t-rex

One time I was hiking at stone mountain [i think] and we ran out of tinder for a fire and everything was wet and we got desperate and tore up our map and burned it.

Anyway it worked and we found out way back out without incident, but it was spooky

fuck. marry. t-rex

Normally downhill sucks but the snow made it easy cuz it was fresh and since it cushions as you sink and also levels your footsteps

It's just extra miserable going up cuz you sink and slide and have difficulty clearing your feet with the slope

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 9, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex

One time I was playing soccer and it was the final match of a regional tournament and a close friend was a midfield for the other team- well he was being a real oval office and injuring all of our strikers so we'd stay 1 goal down and eventually he'd taken out 3!!

Anyway eventually I checked him and broke his collar bone but it was too late and we lost by 1 pt anyway and got 2nd place

We're still friends and tbqh I admired his play 2 win determination even if I wanted to murder him at the time

fuck. marry. t-rex

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I was deep in the mountains hunting elk with my ex-wife's family(this was while we were still married, of course.) We hadn't had any luck so far, so while everyone slept at the camp, my mother-in-law and I went on an early morning scouting trip. This was further out in the mountains that we would usually go, but our usual hunting place had gotten popular, so we moved further out into the wilderness. we hadn't seen any other hunters since we had arrived and had spotted a couple of black bears, but there were plenty of tracks and fresh droppings, so we knew they were close. we headed east, farther into the wild, because we had heard elk calls coming from that direction the night before. there was snow on the ground, so it was hard going and at one point we had the choice of going up a stony(slippery) ridge or up a shallow, tree filled valley. we chose the valley. the minute we entered the trees, something felt wrong. a sense deep within told us that we had made a mistake, but we kept going. it was strangely warm and quiet in there. and even though the winter was bitterly cold and windy, the atmosphere in this wood was musty and oppressive. our boots started making a strange hollow crunching sound as we walked further in and my mother-in-law stooped and picked up a bone, elk, gnawed on. the forest floor was covered in bones. just then it started o lighten up as the sun came over a ridge and we saw bones and carcasses hanging in the trees. we had wandered into a mountain lion den.
we knew we were being watched, but you never see one of them until it's too late. as they usually go for the back of the neck, we stood back to back and took turns leading each other out of the forest. it was probably only minutes, but it seemed to take hours to get out of there.
when we got back, we told everyone that the trip was over, packed up our things and left.

:eyepop::yikes::ohshit:

fuck. marry. t-rex

Ahhhh, into the wilds, primal, just me and my necessary survival goods, and selfiestick. -DCT

fuck. marry. t-rex

fuck. marry. t-rex

Picnic Princess posted:

Mountains don't need kisses to be appreciated, they like butt contact.

Pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex

dogcrash truther posted:

Mary sounds cool, let me talk to her.

• Locked thread