Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

here's the nature outside my front door. the boxsy thing on the left hand side is the base of a radar dish that sat up there in world war 2 to make sure those pesky Japanese didn't sneak over the ocean and mess with us. when they took the dish off they left the base. right now we can't hike all the way to the dish, but they're opening it up soon. I'd imagine the view over the ocean is super cool so if they ever get it open i'll go get a picture for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

One time I had a fanatical Girl Scout troop leader who seemed to not understand that we were 10 year old girly girls who were more interested in fixing our hair and talking about boys than getting dirty and sleeping outdoors. Undeterred she drug us out to the wilderness and we camped out in pup tents in the pouring rain. The next morning she took us on a hike in the mud. At one point she made us wade through this river to get to an island. I distinctly remember an outsider telling her that was a bad idea because all the rain the night before was going to swell the river in a few hours. She pushed through and drug us out there. Predictably when we tried to return the river had turned into a raging rapids. Some men had to string a rope across the river and take turns picking up a Girl Scout and dragging her along the rope to the other side.

The next time we went camping I had an asthma attack and had to be ambulanced out of there. About 5 years ago I went camping with my daughters troop and I got severe food poisoning and had to be ambulanced out of there.

The last time my daughters troop went camping my daughter asked me to stay home.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

I have it on good authority that dct has recently been outside

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

• Locked thread