Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp, so much for A Week Without Controversy

@ProFootballTalk
NFL reportedly is declining comment on the 18-second clock error before the Steelers' final drive. #transparency

@jasonvida
Official box. FG at 2:59. Kickoff at 2:56 (touchback). Steelers first play at 2:38.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Happy for mike vick :3:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I love you, :vick:.

I still hate you, Niners. This would have been basically a perfect football weekend for me if you didn't suck so bad.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
has anyone ever seen a walk-off td like that to end regulation? has that ever happened before?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chris James 2 posted:

Welp, so much for A Week Without Controversy

@ProFootballTalk
NFL reportedly is declining comment on the 18-second clock error before the Steelers' final drive. #transparency

@jasonvida
Official box. FG at 2:59. Kickoff at 2:56 (touchback). Steelers first play at 2:38.

I saw the clock running down before commercial break but I figured they'd fix it. That's some egregiously bad bullshit.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

has anyone ever seen a walk-off td like that to end regulation? has that ever happened before?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17idft_eagles-miracle-new-meadowlands_sport

Hmm, I sense a common denominator!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

homie how can you hate on Le"Veon Bell. he's just sick

Alright, I'll give you that, but with Roethlisburger and Harrison they're still way in the red

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's such an awful awful thing to happen. Wow.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

oh yeah i forgot that ended the game. it's gotta be pretty rare tho

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Mike Tomlin is my dream coach.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, I think so. The fact that Vick was involved with two of them is crazy. I don't know the total number of them but it can't be a lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just got a mental image of Todd Haley as House and Mike Tomlin as Foreman and them arguing to run it in and Foreman does his whole "HOUSE YOU'RE OUT OF LINE" thing and then Lev Bell scores and Todd Haley twirls his cane, smirks and limps away

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8

There's a bunch like this, but if you limit it to plays where the team could've kicked to go to OT, it's a hell of a lot rarer, because coaches play it safe.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Wasn't there one that spawned a gif of Jimmy Graham stylin' on the sidelines as the Saints lost the game on the field

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yeah, I think so. The fact that Vick was involved with two of them is crazy. I don't know the total number of them but it can't be a lot.

that was some exciting poo poo. stole a win

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8

There's a bunch like this, but if you limit it to plays where the team could've kicked to go to OT, it's a hell of a lot rarer, because coaches play it safe.

That kind of ending has gotta be the coolest way to win/worst way to lose that's even possible. You'd have to think that would be worse than losing in OT

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Wasn't there one that spawned a gif of Jimmy Graham stylin' on the sidelines as the Saints lost the game on the field

Jeremy Shockey?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mughe posted:

Jeremy Shockey?

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mughe posted:

Jeremy Shockey?

Correct on Shockey, that was a missed easy FG to win the game by uh....Tynes?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross Angeles posted:

I am home and I have some loving thoughts.

After I eat.

I don't think anyone is going to get on your rear end for ranting tonight after all that.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of

I just realized it's not even the saints.

But still worth it.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Miami won on a safety to end the game once. who was that Cinci?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah. One of our Bengals fans even had a prophetic dream the night before.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

And it was Halloween so that safety was not only 2 points, it was ~*~2spooky~*~

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Didn't it also win the game 22-20? Close to that anyways

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hughesta posted:

Yeah. One of our Bengals fans even had a prophetic dream the night before.

And now that same fan thinks Andy Dalton is a good quarterback.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And now that same fan thinks Andy Dalton is a good quarterback.

someone's mad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

And it was Halloween so that safety was not only 2 points, it was ~*~2spooky~*~

Lol

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ross Angeles posted:

I am home and I have some loving thoughts.

After I eat.
a bullet?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

kalensc posted:

Didn't it also win the game 22-20? Close to that anyways

Yeah, and the prophet dreamed the final score was 26-24, ridiculously close.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ok first off. Hats off to the Steelers, Mike Tomlin especially. That was a ballsy decision at the end, and Mike McCoy would take the field goal 1000 times out of 1000. He coached to win the game, and he did.

Some thoughts:

-That stadium was a Steelers home game. Embarrassingly so.
-Our offensive line is in utter shambles. Stupid penalties destroyed every drive after the first drive before they even got started in the first half. So many holding penalties.
-gently caress you Melvin Gordon and gently caress you Frank Reich. Could you telegraph plays any more obviously? Every first down was a run out of the pistol and Gordon up the middle for 1 yard, then a holding penalty, then a checkdown to woodhead. The Steelers knew this too. The defense in the first half was playing well enough, and the offense completely poo poo the bed through no fault of Philip.
-Philip Rivers is really loving good. He's calling out protections to the entire offensive line and literally putting Melvin and Danny into the right spots in the backfield because they're all apparently too loving stupid to know where to line up. He deserves better than the garbage fire in front of him and the draft bust behind him.
-Brandon Flowers is loving done. He's been poo poo this entire season and getting beat constantly. Aaron Rodgers is going to shred him next week.
-Jason Verrett is really loving good, however. He was following Antonio Brown all night and did a real good job on him.
-Holy loving poo poo three dropped interceptions gently caress you DBs.
-Teo actually made tackles. That was nice to see.
-Despite the total lack of a running game and hardly any time to throw, the Chargers played well enough to win. They got killed by two huge plays (The Vick TD bomb and the pick six), and even had a chance to bring down Bell in the backfield before he broke the plane on the last touchdown. Losing like that is awful.

This was a devastating loss. Dropped to 2-3 and losing a h2h tiebreak over a team that you're competing for a wild card spot with, and with the sure loss that's coming next week, we're gonna gonna be 2-4 going into the first divisional game. With Denver likely to be 6-0 after next week, the AFC West is all but lost and we're behind the eight ball early for a wild card spot. Two more losses in the next two weeks, which are very possible, kills any playoff aspirations.

gently caress.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

kalensc posted:

Correct on Shockey, that was a missed easy FG to win the game by uh....Tynes?

It was the third missed field goal of the game, and it was Jay Feely. Seahawks won in overtime.

Jay Feely made a lot of enemies that day, still might be the worst kicking performance I've witnessed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Febreeze posted:

It was the third missed field goal of the game, and it was Jay Feely. Seahawks won in overtime.

Jay Feely made a lot of enemies that day, still might be the worst kicking performance I've witnessed.

You haven't seen any Steeler games this year have you?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Lin Elliott :argh:

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Ross Angeles posted:

-That stadium was a Steelers home game. Embarrassingly so.

I wonder why Chargers fans wouldn't want to support the Spanos family?

You're pretty spot on with everything else, though 2-3 is not the end of the world. There were positives, too. The Chargers defense played very well for 3 quarters and really made the Steelers one dimensional before the half. Tackling was slightly better, there were positive returns. Only one sack of Rivers I think with a group of strangers off the street.

That was a lovely way to lose. But the wolf card is not out of contention, I think.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Glass of Milk posted:

That was a lovely way to lose. But the wolf card is not out of contention, I think.

Please tell me this is a magic card that McCoy can slam down on the touchline, suddenly plunging San Diego in to deepest night. A full moon rises over the stadium and after a deep breath Rivers looks up, eyes glowing red, and howls full force for a few seconds before blood gushes out of his mouth. He then morphs in to an 8ft werewolf, devours one of his kids and throws a pick-six to Amari Cooper DJ Hayden.

Edit: Why would he throw an int to a receiver? I'm dumb.

Horse Inspector fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 13, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Rivers pick 6 cost me my office pool for the week

gently caress you Phil

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That kind of ending has gotta be the coolest way to win/worst way to lose that's even possible. You'd have to think that would be worse than losing in OT

yeah it really sucks :mad:

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

no it was Minnesota again !!!!!

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

embarrasing tank posted:

Please tell me this is a magic card that McCoy can slam down on the touchline, suddenly plunging San Diego in to deepest night. A full moon rises over the stadium and after a deep breath Rivers looks up, eyes glowing red, and howls full force for a few seconds before blood gushes out of his mouth. He then morphs in to an 8ft werewolf, devours one of his kids and throws a pick-six to Amari Cooper DJ Hayden.

Edit: Why would he throw an int to a receiver? I'm dumb.

The most impossible thing about this is Hayden picking Rivers or any QB for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This is the worst way to lose I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPamV6LsV8

• Locked thread