Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a prone button would make pretending to hump luke easier in screenshots

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Apparently you have nothing better to do than multi-post your disheveled thoughts in a gaming thread, making pathetic attempts in the normal fashion to be nice/mean to the various girls.

Lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

[in Yu-Gi-Oh voice] Mind Dishevel!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

defaultluser posted:

Apparently you have nothing better to do than multi-post your disheveled thoughts in a gaming thread, making pathetic attempts to mock me.

It looks like the Battlefield series isn't the only thing to have suffered over the years. The amount of effort put into lazy loving rear end insults is just...insulting :D

And yes, I am going to go back to playing BF4. Have fun yelling at the moon, old man.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

gently caress thats a good post for the wrong reasons

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I played this again tonight without any friends in the server and couldn't find any vehicle or hero pickups and didn't have any fun at all and Stacy said it was really boring looking.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

a Loving Dog posted:

gently caress thats a good post for the wrong reasons

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
All the guns feel sorta the same, the vehicle and hero pick-up system just kinda blows, and since everything is a laser gun and posture doesn't affect accuracy there's really no reason to not just run everywhere chucking infinite grenades. The gameplay also seems super sluggish compared to other shooters, like MGO, CoD Advanced Warfare, or even Battlefield 4.This is also an FPS is going to come out in 2015 without being able to go prone. Well, the game just sorta sucks.

Dec 26, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

All the guns feel sorta the same, the vehicle and hero pick-up system just kinda blows, and since everything is a laser gun and posture doesn't affect accuracy there's really no reason to not just run everywhere chucking infinite grenades. The gameplay also seems super sluggish compared to other shooters, like MGO, CoD Advanced Warfare, or even Battlefield 4.This is also an FPS is going to come out in 2015 without being able to go prone. Well, the game just sorta sucks.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That isn't an argument for why the game is good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you cant lay down you can't nap.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Soral
May 30, 2009

you could go prone in battlefront 2 either

Soral
May 30, 2009

there seems to be a direct correlation between people who care about going prone and sufferers of full blown video game AIDS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yeah let me just lie down in a video game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know why no prone would be a problem when the game already has infinite grenades and powerups instead of vehicles. Besides when has prone ever added anything to a game that wasn't a stealth game. All it does is encourage people to spam the prone button as soon as they start shooting so they're a smaller target. AKA it is a tool for noobs.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

they couldnt figure out how to make the hitboxes on prone people not rear end

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

theres no stability increase for crouching so there definitely wouldnt be one for prone anyway.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Playing as heroes is cool, the buyable special ability ammo makes me think that there are going to be micro-transactions like in Battlefield 4. Not having matchmaking for the horde mode is kinda bad. It's sorta filled with questionable design decisions.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Going prone is more about cover, with the current crouching only thing, you have to rely on being on a slope, or an object of a certain height being near you.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

why would i want to stand on an asian person

Dec 26, 2012

i dont rightly know

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If your multiplayer shooter has a prone mode it means your shooter is a slow piece of poo poo that's about breaking up the pace as much as possible so that the guys who are already laying on the ground regenerating HP and not moving and doing the most boring things possible are often playing the game the most advantageously, which is an insane thing to ask to be in a game. Why do you want to be playing a game about doing poo poo that's as close to not even playing as you possibly can, unless you have a truly dysfunctional chicken poo poo mind. It's baffling.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Tell that to COD Advanced Warfare and Red Orchestra 2, dude.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2 as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People move around in AW despite the prone mode. BC doesn't have it. Red Orchestra though...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
BC didn't have prone?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
That was a great Battlefield game, so I guess this one could be good. The beta has definitely not impressed me though, waiting till it comes out and there's a demo or something.

E: I'm just realizing that Halo never let you go prone either.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

That was a great Battlefield game, so I guess this one could be good.

Not a chance. Just watch one of the movies and then lay in bed and day dream about hiding in a turret on the other side of the map shooting Darth Vader until he slowly gets down on his knees, turns invincible and starts darkly contemplating his life in the middle of a battlefield and you won't have to give EA 60 dollars for their latest pile of burning trash. You'll thank me later.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2 as well.

Fail! Fail! Newbie Spotted! Get back to GBS.com!!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
on the real life battlefield id definitely be going prone and popping off shots, doming whatever retarded 19 year olds im at war with, for the record. but its good that bad company didnt have it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

If your multiplayer shooter has a prone mode it means your shooter is a slow piece of poo poo that's about breaking up the pace as much as possible so that the guys who are already laying on the ground regenerating HP and not moving and doing the most boring things possible are often playing the game the most advantageously, which is an insane thing to ask to be in a game. Why do you want to be playing a game about doing poo poo that's as close to not even playing as you possibly can, unless you have a truly dysfunctional chicken poo poo mind. It's baffling.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Star Wars Battlefront 3 is shaping up to be a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Not a chance. Just watch one of the movies and then lay in bed and day dream about hiding in a turret on the other side of the map shooting Darth Vader until he slowly gets down on his knees, turns invincible and starts darkly contemplating his life in the middle of a battlefield and you won't have to give EA 60 dollars for their latest pile of burning trash. You'll thank me later.
lol

• Locked thread