Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Meg From Family Guy posted:

E: Im a dumb retard!

You're not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

jrodefeld posted:

Surely you're being disingenuous about your alleged "fandom" of Tom Woods, but I certainly don't mind discussing his books or articles.

I am a fan of his daily podcast called "The Tom Woods Show". I don't agree with everything he says, of course, and I think his sympathies are more with conservatism than are mine, but nonetheless he is unfailingly polite, intellectual and informative with each and every guest he has on his show and each and every topic he addresses. Therefore, i do think he runs one of the best libertarian talk shows around.

I'll let you go first. What do you think about Tom Woods and what would YOU like to discuss? Hopefully we won't be talking about how he is somehow a "neo-confederate" (he certainly is not) or that he dares to speak about forbidden topics such as State Nullification and, gasp, even Secession! Surprise me for once and bring up another angle.

get a job

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

1000101 posted:

None of these words really explain how a minimum wage job prepares you for anything more than more minimum wage jobs. Also, what makes you think you'd be anything other than impoverished in your ideal society? You've got the business sense of a houseplant and appear to be naive as all hell in believing that people won't try to pull a fast one on you to relieve you of your hard earned gold pieces in a law-free/regulation free society.

Without Statist interference the market for pirated blu-rays would explode.

I assume here that jrod is somehow better at copying other people's work than competitors. Somehow.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
How did you not bold this

quote:

Indeed, many if not most of our activities are conducted alone and in silence, without any direct interaction with others, as when we prepare our meal, drive our car, or read and write.

How I drive doesn't affect anyone. As long as I haven't literally run you off the road I haven't violated the NAP. :psyduck:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
:lol:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
How much gold did Ron Paul sell you jrod?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Here, have one more hole in jrod's idiot "economic freedom benefits everyone" argument assertion:

Disparity in Life Spans of the Rich and the Poor Is Growing

quote:

New research released on Friday contains even more jarring numbers. Looking at the extreme ends of the income spectrum, economists at the Brookings Institution found that for men born in 1920, there was a six-year difference in life expectancy between the top 10 percent of earners and the bottom 10 percent. For men born in 1950, that difference had more than doubled, to 14 years.

For women, the gap grew to 13 years, from 4.7 years.

Over all, according to the Brookings study, life expectancy for the bottom 10 percent of wage earners improved by just 3 percent for men born in 1950 compared with those born in 1920. For the top 10 percent, though, it jumped by about 28 percent. (The researchers used a common measure — life expectancy at age 50 — and included data from 1984 to 2012.)

Clearly if we were more economically free like Canada this wouldn't be a problem. Or is this like that "time-preference" thing where the poor are giving up their elderly years to... work two jobs now?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Oh yeah, one last "gently caress you" to jrod, a few years back I was looking for work and an "entry level" help desk job wanted three years of experience. Go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Caros posted:

About that...

Somewhat ironically property rights allow a private forum to shut jrod up for a month. So that's one thing.

• Locked thread