Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Brave New World. None of the proponents of this would ever be an alpha, as much as that's how they see themselves in the new heirachy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Lottery of Babylon? Is that you?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I missed the thing. :( Can you please add me to the PM list?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Oh god I am so down for bitcoin talk like you wouldn't believe

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

QuarkJets posted:

aw poo poo you guys talked about dog dick coffee table guy?

did you also talk about that guy who claimed to be lawyer after he found some law books in a dumpster?

man I really wanted to be at this one but just didn't have the time, bitcoin just generates so much weird and funny stuff

We didn't talk about that lawyer, but we did get into a number of other Bitcoin personalities new and old. Bruce, Atlas, and CARL MARK FORCE IV all got mentioned.

It was the nerdiest two hours of talking in my life, but it was great fun.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Thai rentboy Bruce, or other Bruce?

Both of them.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Jrod, what is your opinion on the attention economy?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Where does national identity, or the concept of belonging to a greater society fit into an an-cap worldview?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

QuarkJets posted:

jrod if someone sold me cancer medicine that turned out to be Zima, I would 100% want to go on a rampage and kill them and anyone who worked with them. Would it be aggression if I did that? Didn't they aggress against me first, basically trying to kill me for my money, so wouldn't I be within my rights to murder defend myself against all of them?

It would be within the Terms of Enrampagement, which you sign when joining up with a DRO.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Bitcoin! :pseudo:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

jrod, what is your opinion on the attention economy?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

How is it we never had ImmortanDRO until now?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Closing statement:

Thank you, jrod, for this thread. This has been truly entertaining and informative, but not for the reasons you hoped. Still, I'm looking forward to your next thread, especially since Eripsa no longer posts.

To everyone else: Thank you for your at times saintly level of patience in trying to debate in good faith. This too has been amazing to read.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I'm finally chasing down some really promising, good-looking interview leads after years of struggle and working hard to get a qualification. The fact that I've had two interviews this week isn't a reflection of my bootstraps abilities. It's sheer dumb luck, and the fact that I had a family member looking out for me and bugging everyone they talked to that might be in a position to help. Certainly, having a qualification is helpful, but it's not been getting me any interviews when I've just been applying on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Purestrain goldmine this thread.

• Locked thread