Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Goddammit dickeye stop posting the things I was going to post.

gently caress it i'm posting it anyway.

Jrod I've come to accept by now that you will absolutely refuse to retain any facts about history, economics, ethics, or reality in general that isn't convenient for you and your perpetual state of delusional idiocy, but must you really concuss your head on your own stupidity so hard that you forget your own posting history as well? Even if Caros had been trying to :airquote: poison the well against you :airquote:, it would have been loving impossible because everyone in D&D at the time who bothers to read threads like this already knew who you are and thought you were a loving moron. Because you had already tried this poo poo multiple times and got banned for it multiple times. It's only through Caros' near infinite patience with you and mod leniency that you posted so terribly for so long in that thread and didn't get punished for it.

Now, please, answer this question you never got back to me on: Have you, J. Rodimus Prime, Esq., ever hosed a watermelon?

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hooded Reptile posted:

this thread is just beating up a mentally ill person.

Insanity is no excuse for being an Anarcho-Capitalist.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh no! I'm reliably informed by the historical documentary Rocky III that that sort of behavior means he's rallying and will win in the end! :ohdear:

Libertarians all think they're going to be Rocky Balboa but they're actually going to be Jean-Claude Van Damme's older brother in the first act of Bloodsport

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hooded Reptile posted:

when people are switched meds when insurance drops them to others, they become either manic or depressive adjusting to new meds. it takes 3 months to flat line brain salts.

Yes, but those of good moral fiber among the unmedicated talk about the NWO, or the FBI shooting green rays into their house to make them want to gently caress Jenna Bush, or perhaps just push this one weird reading of a popular cartoon way too hard.

Instead of jrode's posting, which is almost certainly not a result of changed medication, seeing as how it has remained consistent across the internet for like a decade now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Or Apollo in Rocky IV. :ussr:

I was gonna go with that but that would imply a successful career in prior movies and lol.

Caros posted:

Do you not?

No no no, you are Caros, not Caro.

Caros. The s is very important.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Descendants. You meant descendants Jrod. You copied and pasted that bit of response from somewhere didn't you? You made the exact same basic mistake last time you posted that particular bit of idiocy.

And if I'm not mistaken we actually do have historical records saying which tribes owned what land. For some like the Cherokee, who actually did have families owning specific property, you could probably find records of who owned what as well.

I assume you also support those tribes being compensated for all the wealth being illegally extracted from their lands for centuries?

Edit: As an aside why do I keep seeing people make the mistake of saying ancestors when they obviously mean descendants? It's not just jrod that I've seen gently caress this up. It's like saying North when you meant South.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jrod, if there is no government to enforce property rights, what's stopping me getting a few hundred like minded folks together to rob and murder our way to wealth?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

You'd be violating the non aggression principle which everyone everywhere will abide by so this scenario is impossible. :smuggo:

I'm sure we'd be able to come up with a pretext about how they violated our property rights first, so the hardcore ultra-violence we're committing is cool. Worked for the Romans.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Do the poor and hungry have property rights in libertopia though?

If they don't then we can make some up. I mean, it's not like there will be a state army or police force to disagree with us anyway.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Helsing posted:

You would freely contract with a Dispute Resolution Organization or "DRO" who would protect you for a small fee.

If your DRO somehow inexplicably mutates into an actual government (obviously this would never happen) then you would use your entrepreneurial gumption to simply start your own competing DRO, or alternatively you would give them a bad review on the Libertopian equivalent of Yelp and this would discourage them from mistreating you again in the future since obviously the customer is Number 1.

Why would I do that, I want to rob people.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about groups like that. Me and the boys at Valhalla DRO will have already bailed with all your stuff and salable family members by the time the competition shows up.

Unless they paid for the fast response package I guess.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
But hey high profit high risk amirite

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i thought laissez-faire was the natural state of man jrode. Why would Africans need us to "teach them" about it? Shouldn't it just come naturally?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Not that jrode will actually answer any of my posts since he is unmanly and a cowardly consumer of goat dung.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
hey remember all those wealthy somali city states that flourished from peaceful trade whatever happened to them?

The Portuguese you say?

Hmm....

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
hey jrode remember that time you said it was impossible to engage in war for profit except by States using fiat money? And then people gave you examples of States engaging in profitable wars without fiat money, non-state actors engaging in profitable wars with fiat money, and non-state actors engaging in war for profit without fiat money? And how you just sort of ignored them and insisted the thread be about something else you desperately wanted to talk about instead like a month later?

It was all a part of you trying to explain to us how there would be no war without that dastardly State, iirc.

Fun times, fun times.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I suppose I have to thank jrod I got so bored with calling him fucker and rear end in a top hat that I started to think more deeply about how and why I insult people.

Really made me want to stop being lazy and up my game a bit.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

jrodefeld posted:

You know, I could say the exact same thing about any one of you. "you will absolutely refuse to retain any facts about history, economics, ethics, or reality in general that isn't convenient for you and your perpetual state of delusional idiocy".

I mean, I've spoken with you a whole lot and you STILL don't agree with me? The reality is that smart people have lengthy discussions and debates with each other for literally DECADES without either party changing his or her mind on their core ideology. So, you just come off as obnoxious with this type of post.

You would have to list some actually true facts for that statement to apply to most of us. Are you using the singular or plural you here because you sure as poo poo have had any lengthy discussions with me, you can barely be said to have had anything that could reasonably called a discussion with Caros.

What you do is preaching, not debate.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Don't worry, jrod won't admit he's wrong about something or someone but many dozens of pages later he will probably suddenly claim that that incredibly racist/misogynist/facist person was only sort of an influence of some areas of thought and really guys you should stop calling him a racist already!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Or look up any number of jrod's idols talking about the apartheid government in South Africa.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pththya-lyi posted:

What he means is "You, personally, aren't giving all your excess wealth to the poor, so how can you ask other people to make a sacrifice you won't make yourself? :smug:"

Which is presupposing a lot for all he knows I live a life of quiet asceticism wherein I give all my worldly wealth to the world's poorest orphans, the luxury of posting on SA being my only vice.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I mean I don't, but he had no way of knowing that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

Didn't you know that only Maoist Third Worlders are allowed to post in D&D? All others are purged, capitalist pigdog.

See there's all that assuming things about my character again. For all you know, I'm part of an international communist conspiracy to bring capitalism crashing down.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I mean I'm not, but it really isn't good to assume mean things about strangers!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

The moon is high and the cat has fleas :ninja:

The angel's sons have been hungry recently. :ssh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I am everyone's friend. Except jrod's. Kill yourself jrod.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
LTW when it comes time for your match with jrod, I will be there, in your corner with water.

I won't bring a towel though, you won't be needing it.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You were a fool to challenge dickeye, jrod. He's been training.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pththya-lyi posted:

as a liberal,

hisss

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Caros posted:

Also I love me some Gundam.

Have you checked out any of Iron Blooded Orphans yet? So far it seems like a reasonable prediction of how DRO's would act in the Space Robot Future.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I cannot abide a Frenchman.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

YF19pilot posted:

It's the idea that a government that's too big will be rife with corruption, abuse, and will abuse it's citizens which it claims to protect and represent.

I find size as very little to do with how corrupt an organization is actually. You get small towns with corrupt councils and sheriffs, big cities with deeply embedded corruption at all levels, and so on. Hell it's not even unique to governments. Charities and businesses both big and small will have people behaving unethically and irresponsibly. Corruption has a lot more to do with separation of powers and duties, internal controls, the general culture, and being able to be held accountable by independent outside groups.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 17, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pigbog posted:

I already knew Rothbard's ghoulish views on the subject, I wanted to know how J. Rod reconciled it in his patchwork ideology.
Also, gross. gently caress Rothbard forever.

Well he has Rothbard has his avatar last I checked so I'm going to assume he considers it both cool, and good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

RuanGacho posted:

I guess because as someone who works in it I see overly broadly as "this process is a failure" and corruption becomes an easy catch all for law or regulation which is performing to spec but its outcomes or indicators have otherwise been "corrupted" from the valued or intended purpose.

When I see a city official get canned because he did stuff that wasn't against the law but violated the intention of regulations, and didn't make any extra money off the venture and didn't do anything other than abdicated government oversight of construction projects, is that not corruption?

I don't know what else you call intentional incompetence and malfeasance in government except corruption or... Libertarianism? :v:

How about "bad law" or "bad leadership"? Corruption implies a level of personal and/or familial enrichment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Unless you count abuse of civil forfeiture as corruption (you should).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
"America has no human rights in its constitution."

Looks at 1A.

Alright then.

Lol sure we've never changed the document we've made 27 major changes too. 10 of which were on day one.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

asdf32 posted:

Have to say that the drunk communist was an interesting twist in this thread.

you are going to have to be waaaaaaaaaaaay more specific

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Literally The Worst posted:

i'm a cutter w/ a machine gun on the front, toot toot

admit it you moved across the country so you wouldn't have to fight jrod

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

just because i moved from PORTLAND to SUGARNOTCH doesnt mean i changed coasts

i thought you were in Charlotte not too long ago?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the idea is that there is no law save what is generated by the gestalt processed of society (but not what we have now, because that's bad) and these sort of inherent social laws will be enforced by anyone with the firepower and inclination to do so (enforcing a law which was unpopular would result in other people shooting you) while more locally, laws are dictated by whoever owns the landmass you're on and if you don't like them you can leave.

Unless all of their neighbors put up "No trespassing" signs.

pls stay current on your dadchat epistemes

(i moved from charlotte to syracuse)

drat, my goons.xlsx file is completely out of date. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
why did you post the exact same posts in two different threads?

• Locked thread