Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Nice opening post, Jrode, the only problem is you never answer your title question? Would you care to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In a lot of places people will mow other lawns ont he block just because they're paranoid about real estate values.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Alhazred posted:

They don't? Norway, Sweden and Denmark who you probably would label leftist is three of the countries that gives the most amount of foreign aid as a percentage of their gross national income: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_aid#Top_10_aid_donor_countries_.282013.29

I think what he's actually saying there is "why don't they give money outside of any state's borders", in other words, "why don't they give any money to me so I can make a seastead and go galt".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Nolanar posted:

Nah, he's definitely going the standard conservative concern troll route of "oh, you think the 1% have too much money? Well, on a global scale, perhaps it is you who has too much money! Why don't you want to fix that? Oh, you do? Time to talk about something else.

His words don't support that though. The only sensible reading is that he's bitching we don't give money to people who are somehow not in any state, which is approximately no people outside people currently on transoceanic air/sea transport. No point to give him more credit and assume he means something that at least makes sense!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

VitalSigns posted:

No, check out his very next sentence. And the next paragraph.

You are being entirely too fair to a man who deserves no such fairness.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's still quite annoying that jrodefeld hasn't answered his own question in the thread title. It's been many days, and it's simply uncouth.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Talmonis posted:

Speaking of which, I'm kind of surprised that the House Freedom Caucus chose the Tortilla Coast instead of a beer hall.

Their grandparents told them how hard it is to take one over. :tipshat:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

HorseLord posted:

i like how the yank constitution has basically no human rights provisions but people say poo poo like this

Big talk from someone whose country has no actual constitution and hence no human rights provisions possible in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tesseraction posted:

We do actually have a Human Rights Act now, but the Tories are trying to repeal it because it strikes down their right to discriminate against minorities. Hahahahah ah hah ha :suicide:

Yeah any Human Rights Act that's possible to repeal ,it ain't doing much protectin'!

• Locked thread