Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
murray rothbard loved david duke and said that there's nothing in david duke's 1991 platform that wouldn't be at home in paleoconservatism or libertarianism

peace out folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Caros posted:

I see what you did there, but you're wrong.

If we were talking about someone writing a scholarly piece, or a book, or basically anything with serious merit you'd absolutely have a point that using either gender neutral pro-nouns or leaving some sort of disclaimer might be in order. This is a casual discussion on an internet forum and unless it is a discussion about gender roles (which it wasn't) being angry that a person uses gender nouns they are comfortable with is something that only a pedant would do.

Someone whining about Cisgendered privilege is awful, but they are about as awful as someone who looks at an unrelated post and starts bitching "He and his?! What about she and hers?"

yeah, but it's still pretty dumb to go "sorry if my cis-male white privilege offends you :smuggo:" as if to try and go out of one's way to swing at the tumblrite strawman of d&d

i'm pretty sure that's what some folks here take issue with; what about that whole "sorry if you can't stand my privilege" comment was necessary or conductive to discussion in the first place?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Pigbog posted:

I already knew Rothbard's ghoulish views on the subject, I wanted to know how J. Rod reconciled it in his patchwork ideology.
Also, gross. gently caress Rothbard forever.

the State is responsible for police brutality!

...well then (p.s. this is from his "right-wing populism" platform, which was at the end of his :qq: the establishment took down david duke :qq: screed)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

cheese posted:

Stop trying. There is a reason Libertarianism is considered babies first political philosophy. It is what happens when middle/upper middle class white boys turn into middle/upper class white young men and start to 1) realize that the world is a horrible, lovely place and 2) wonder why their lives, among the billions of people out there, are actually really great. It is a philosophy that starts with the need to defend a certain privileged 1st world lifestyle, and then creates conditions and ideas that justify that privilege. "I have so much and so many have so little, that doesn't seem fair! But wait, I must have earned all that I have by virtue of a fortunate birth my and my families hard work and intelligence!" The mental gymnastics required to pull it off are pretty intense, but when you have such a vested interest in a philosophy that perfectly justifies your wealth and privilege, its easy to stop asking tough questions.

there's also quite a few white working class boys who come to the conclusion that it's the big bad gubmint keeping them down from realizing their place as ubermenschen

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

horselord would you assert that there is no war but the class war

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

so does anyone have a pando subscription? this article is two months old but it's gratifying to see sheltered white boy randy floundering :kheldragar:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

DrProsek posted:

Also he supported notorious racists Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan for POTUS.

:qq: they finally got David Duke :qq:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i love how "but those letters were ghostwritten! he doesn't believe anything in them!" is supposed to sound absolving, as if ron paul being so hilariously incompetent that he let someone publish horrendously racist poo poo under his name for mad bank over a decade is better than him actually being a horrible racist

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

even as late as 2004 ron paul was :qq:-ing about how the civil rights act was such an unforgivable repression of PROPERTY RIGHTS

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Hahaha this is great. My fiancée is very hot, I am worried she will draw too much attention from swarthy rape-loving immigrants.

Sounds like jrod should watch out for something more than Euro pinkos if he visits the old country

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Also, whites used to consume a lot more public goods in the cities until those services were desegregated. Whites in Atlanta basically abandoned public transit entirely after bus service was desegregated. Whites joined tax revolt movements because their taxes paid for public goods that they had ceded entirely to blacks. So, in effect, privatization efforts received an enormous boost from desegregation. The Georgia Legislature adopted a change to the state constitution that would have allowed the state to eliminate public schools and replace all the funding with vouchers so that white parents could send their kids to all-white private schools. The purposes of voucher programs have really not changed all that much since then.

Obviously, the most prominent example of the privatization movement is suburbanization. I say that because suburbanization implies (generally) lower taxes and less public services, the use of private automobiles instead of public transit, private clubs and private schools, and a greater de facto control of residency by socioeconomic class. After all, the burbs are the home of HOAs, and if a developer wants to create de facto segregated housing they just exclude low cost designs, and because there aren't any services or public places you end up with far smaller indigent populations. Minnetonka, a wealthy suburb west of Minneapolis, had a huge public outcry when Goodwill tried to open a store there. Nearly all of the outrage centered on the fact that "Those type of people don't live in Minnetonka, and we don't want them coming here to shop at Goodwill."

Ask your family and friends from the 'burbs to list their top reasons for living there. I bet it goes something like this:

1. Better Schools
2. Less Crime
3. Lower Cost Housing by size
4. More land/living space

There are more than this, but most people I talk to mention these. Well, the first two things on this list are basically a coded way of saying, "No Black People." White Flight from the cities following Brown v Board and other decisions is being mirrored in the suburbs currently. When I was born, my suburb was overwhelmingly white. Over the course of my childhood and teenage years, the southern half of my suburb grew increasingly black, and white families that lived around me gradually sold and moved north. A large county road running through the middle of the suburb became both a geographic and racial boundary line. When I was younger I was sent to public school, because it was a "good school." All of a sudden, though, it became a "bad school" and I was sent to private school. Eventually, we packed up and headed north like our neighbors, and I was back in public school.

I haven't lived in that suburb since 2004, and I moved to the city after college. Every now and again I run into someone from there, or I see someone from high school on facebook, and if they are white they have now moved even farther north, and if they are black, chances are they have moved into previously white northern areas. And all the whites keep saying poo poo like, " So happy we made the move to Ham Lake! The school system is so great!"

edit: I should add, another aspect of Suburbanization as Privatization is that suburbanites by and large still commute to work in the central city. So, they pay no property taxes to support the city, they actively vote in state and national politics for anti-city legislation, but then turn around and leech off the city every day at work. They consume fire, police, streets, water/sewer, etc. plus they have jobs that wouldn't exist without the city, while giving back only a small amount in sales taxes on lunches or happy hours. Then, they leave the city and completely distance themselves from all the problems of the city.

man, i live in a neighborhood in the bay area that went from being mostly white when i was born to being almost exclusively asian now; the high school was 56% white and 30% asian in the 1991-1992 school year and is like 90% asian and 6% white now.

my main takeaway was that white folks generally don't like to live around racial minorities, even when they're The Good Ones™.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Nolanar posted:

Is there a legend on what the different colors mean there? I'm guessing they correspond to different racial demographics.

red = asian
blue = white
green = black
orange = latino

...to add onto what i posted, there's only one white family on my entire block left that has school-age children, and they elect to homeschool them instead of sending them to the 95% asian elementary school, which also regularly contends for having the best test scores in the entire state and is the reason real estate here is so expensive. like, why the gently caress would you live here and pay a million dollars for your house when you're not even going to send your kids to the school that makes your house so goddamn expensive.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He's been banned before. Multiple times, I think. He'll pay. Apparently he also has had his avatar changed multiple times and always pays to have it put back in relatively short order.

I was under the impression that nobody's bought him a red text these past two years because we figured it would be lost once he inevitably got banned again

• Locked thread