Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

How is private property enforced in Libertarian land? What is there to stop me from me and all my friends forming an army and killing you to take all your stuff? If there is a police force, how is it funded? How is it equipped? What's to stop the police from joining my merry band of marauders and helping us take over the town through force?

Or let's not even go that far, but let's say that I steal your wallet by picking your pocket, how are you going to get it back? If I destroy any identifying information kept within the wallet, how will you prove that I stole it from you?

Come on, you know the answers to all this poo poo. In a libertarian society (which jrodefeld seems to be arguing has never been implemented but at the same time, through property rights, is somehow the only form of true society that has ever existed) there will be no war. Because blah blah blah incentive arbitration all covetousness will end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I can hear Caros typing from here

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

But he still has the right to NOT do such a thing. And people of good will who witness him acting callously towards human suffering can choose to disassociate from that person.

Or they can choose to take it from him and give it away. This is moral and correct.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
If'n a community cannot be segregated into individual monads as defined by their individual ownership of property, it's OK to steal from them and massacre them. It's not even stealing! Holding property in common is basically just serving as its custodian until whites with an appropriate (from Mises-God) concept of property ownership comes along and takes over.

(this is 100% accurate libertarian belief by the way, jrod may not like the way I am saying it but he won't refute it)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Would you like some gum?

Now take a look at the wrapper, printed on the inside you'll find a tiny contract :mrapig:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

Define "oppression". There's no reason to respond to a post like this but it makes a clear point nonetheless. You know the libertarian ideology fairly well by now after all that I've posted. You obviously cannot think that any libertarian would support a fascist police state. Remember the loving non-aggression principle I remind you of every other post?! It is literally the starting point of libertarian ethics. Have you ever heard of a fascist police state that doesn't aggress against people?

I'm pretty sure you just supported dictatorships not being overthrown, you melon-loving wolfshirt:

jrodefeld posted:

The issue I am trying to get across is that if you took a situation where humans are suffering in abject poverty and starvation in a third world African country and your solution is simply for them to implement redistributive policies that take the wealth of the dictator and the (relatively speaking) "wealthy" and divided that money between the poor people of that country, you would have hardly helped anyone.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

DarklyDreaming posted:

But if I don't sign the contract :siren:MEN WITH GUNS:siren: will force me out of the country. No don't ask how this would be the same if it was a DRO

because nobody will remember how to make bullets

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
*buys plutonium in an open-air market in the Khyber Pass*
*builds time machine*
*replaces 15-year old jrod's copy of Libertarianism in One Lesson by David Bergland with Gloria Steinem's Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions*

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

No it's not. It is moral for YOU to give your apple to the person who is starving.

No, it's moral to take from others who have too much, and give to others who don't have enough.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Wolfsheim posted:

I like this one because it's so easily and immediately disproven with like two seconds of googling:

Of course, it goes without saying that none of these issues would exist if we eliminated food stamps and the minimum wage and left it to the market to sort out.

That's your problem, using a term like "food insecure" instead of "motivated to excel." For example the other day I had to attend a webinar where the presenter had done a study of young males who engaged in prostitution in New York City. A huge number of them cited hunger as a motivation. See? The drive to excellence.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

paragon1 posted:

Which is presupposing a lot for all he knows I live a life of quiet asceticism wherein I give all my worldly wealth to the world's poorest orphans, the luxury of posting on SA being my only vice.

Even that is trying to help people on the low. You're like a jesuit in the french resistance

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
*puts lantern in window* it begins.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Glad she died.

On welfare!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

What about people who might hurt themselves? Are you against involuntary commitment?

I don't see why he wouldn't be. I kind of am myself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Seriously thinking about a new av.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's also worth noting that the guy kept drilling her far longer than he wanted to. Like he just didn't want to anymore but kept doing it because he knew what would happen. When he finally did quit she destroyed everything they had built together, ended his career, and deliberately turned him into a nobody.

I could be wrong but that isn't something that a person endeavoring to create a rational, just society should be doing. She was literally holding his career hostage for sex and ended it when he turned off the sex faucet.

She also made her husband wear a bell so she could hear him coming if he was writing.

I don't think he really wanted to to begin with.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

Oh I see. Ever getting help from anyone somehow makes me a hypocritical libertarian? For the record, I only ever borrowed $1000 from my grandparents which I promptly paid back, but way to bring up a red herring.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE NANA'S MONEY MOOCHERS, THAT MONEY'S FOR ME TO BORROW INTEREST FREE!" -jrod to starving children

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The fact that libertarians tolerate Hoppe rather than going out of their way to condemn him proves that their courting of racists was hardly skin-deep; in fact, they're racists to a man, with a few fussbudget dupes thrown into the mix like William Grigg.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's still quite annoying that jrodefeld hasn't answered his own question in the thread title. It's been many days, and it's simply uncouth.

We were supposed to gasp when we saw the thread title. "Oh my god have I given off the impression that I don't care about property rights?" :ohdear:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I don't want to get dragged into a discussion about slavery in the UAE. You're the slave because you pay property taxes

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

HorseLord posted:

I compared a legitimate act of war that Americans cry over to a war crime Americans did that they ignore. This underscores the warped american worldview.

And yeah, all Americans are nationalists. That's why you put your flag all over the place and pretend you're the best.

i'm not a nationalist

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

HorseLord posted:

would you say that to paul robeson

HorseLord posted:

only joking you don't know who that is

this is sitting on my desk right now

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
what now

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

...he's been probated for hours.

posting when others are powerless to respond is satisfying

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

man 25 pages of this poo poo? jrod is loving you all over. he has thoroughly owned every last one of you

He's been doing it to us since before the last presidential election

It could be argued that we love it

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Libtarianism: justice is now a commodity. I hope you can afford it.

Do not become addicted to justice, or it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

theshim posted:

Members of the Blue Spruce clan approach your ring. "Your weaponthane, Jrodefeld, has slain one of our people on the road for no reason at all and refuses to pay the weregild. We demand that you give him up to face justice, or convince him to pay."

When asked, Jrodefeld says "The Blue Spruces were aggressing on Orlanthi property by walking with a higher degree of time preference on my road, thus lowering its value. I did only as Orlanth himself would have done, and protected that which is mine."

1) "Jrodefeld is no Orlanthi, and you may do with him as you please."
2) Force Jrodefeld to pay weregild, violating the NAP.
3) Outlaw Jrodefeld.
4) "We will deal with him ourselves.:chef:"
5) "Ron Paul end the Fed."

6)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Malleum posted:

a poopsock is the ultimate expression of the free market

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

What happened to Somalia being a libertarian paradise?

Did Mises lie to me?

No Mises would be like "my god you can't just have anarchy. You have to have a functioning state to have prosperity and liberal values. Who are these slovenly mutants, why are they wearing undershirts with images printed on them and why are they asking me for an autograph?"

e: he would be like

quote:

A shallow-minded school of social philosophers, the anarchists, chose to ignore the matter by suggesting a stateless organization of mankind. They simply passed over the fact that men are not angels. They were too dull to realize that in the short run an individual or a group of individuals can certainly further their own interests at the expense of their own and all other peoples’ long-run interests. A society that is not prepared to thwart the attacks of such asocial and short-sighted aggressors is helpless and at the mercy of its least intelligent and most brutal members. While Plato founded his utopia on the hope that a small group of perfectly wise and morally impeccable philosophers will be available for the supreme conduct of affairs, anarchists implied that all men without any exception will be endowed with perfect wisdom and moral impeccability. They failed to conceive that no system of social cooperation can remove the dilemma between a man’s or a group’s interests in the short run and those in the long run.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

On a scale of, oh let's say, 0-18, lower being worse, how bad is it?

Oh ho nothing like that. It's literally "let the market decide age of consent."

*drooling capitalist looks up at auction block* "I think she's trying to consent"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Who the hell is Google Ron Paul?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

LibertarianGuy posted:

Private property is the bedrock of any wealthy country. There's a book called the Mystery of Capital by Hernando De Soto, where he goes into more detail about the subject. You can go to Youtube and type: John Stossel - Property Rights and Prosperity, He is on the show, if you want to hear him. Sound currency and a stable political system is also important...should we care..YES!

John Stossel is a tool and a moron "Libertarian Guy," I could try to teach this to you but instead I'll post this for my own satisfaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0q44ALM7jo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Disinterested posted:

Also he'll cite Walter Block who supports slavery.

Walter Block doesn't actually support anything, you'll find. He's Just Saying.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh a written debate. Oh this is sure going to be different than any of the word salad since 2012, watch.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"I just don't understand how you came to loathe libertarianism so much!" OK, think of all the libertarian positions you've gotten offended about our "willful misinterpretations" of, jrod. Slavery. Health care. Property rights. Child prostitution. The fact that every libertarian thinker respected by the community is either an enthusiastic or covert racist or misogynist.

Guess what jrod? We're actually correct about all those things. We see them clearly because we are not in the cult. You are in the cult and do not see them clearly. You think we are in a cult called "statism" but that is retarded. You're a bunch of playtime thinkers like the Nation of Islam or Transcendental Meditation. Human jokes, jrod. But we don't loathe those groups. Why? Because they didn't create Ronald Reagan. And shut the gently caress up about how Reagan was a statist, jrod. You're all statists, you just have polite little disagreements about when exactly the state should step in to enforce the rights of capitalists over workers. THAT'S IT. Now go and drink some water from a Superfund site. The state said it's bad, so it must be delicious.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wow yeah I really have to contort myself to present Austrian cultists as sociopathic

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The plan is to line up your schedules then try to schedule a debate with jrod right?

When this happens and he totally shows up instead of backing out, try not to be overwhelmed by his pure evolutionary fitness (self-reported as "prince william with hair and abs").

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
hey let's all buy a ship and then meet up on the ship

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
qalnor, :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Juffo-Wup posted:

Show me an honest libertarian and I'll show you a drat chump.

*holds up high school senior yearbook photo*

• Locked thread