Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Grognan posted:

Too consumed with the melon he was romancing.

Now I see your av as him initiating congress with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

Lock jrod in an empty city and observe what property rights he respects.

Oh he already answered this one in a life raft scenario I believe. It's ok to break the NAP if you need to survive. However, it's still immoral and the NAP is the only moral way to conduct yourself even though following it rigorously would result in billions of deaths.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Muscle Tracer posted:

jrode you are a bucket of stale urine

prove me wrong, working from the first principle that humans act

I'll prove you wrong: if you leave urine out long enough, it becomes useful for a variety of tasks

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

Why would libertarians need rifles when they have the NAP to protect them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yes, that and the elusive "Rearden Metal"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

Surely you're being disingenuous about your alleged "fandom" of Tom Woods, but I certainly don't mind discussing his books or articles.

I am a fan of his daily podcast called "The Tom Woods Show". I don't agree with everything he says, of course, and I think his sympathies are more with conservatism than are mine, but nonetheless he is unfailingly polite, intellectual and informative with each and every guest he has on his show and each and every topic he addresses. Therefore, i do think he runs one of the best libertarian talk shows around.

I'll let you go first. What do you think about Tom Woods and what would YOU like to discuss? Hopefully we won't be talking about how he is somehow a "neo-confederate" (he certainly is not) or that he dares to speak about forbidden topics such as State Nullification and, gasp, even Secession! Surprise me for once and bring up another angle.

Tom Woods is a straight up plantation-loving racist, and you are either hiding it because you're also a racist or failing to notice it because you're dumb. Here's a hint: when a whole herd of racists congregate they don't need to make continual reference to how they love being racist, because they share an understanding. That's why when Lew Rockwell and Ron Paul get together they probably only talk about golden guineas.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

You, frankly, don't have a clue what you are talking about. I want to caution people that somehow think that I am somehow obsessing about race, that you all do fine obsessing about race without me. The reason I react so strongly to this character assassination attack against me, is that I personally focus a great deal on the systemic racism and discrimination that the State and private citizens inflict upon minority communities in the United States. This is a passion of mine. I love black culture, black music, black comedy and so forth. And I'm not just saying that. Since middle school, I've idolized black role models and I've identified with civil rights causes as long as I was ever politically aware.

What's your favorite black movie? This is going to sound a little ridiculous but I am torn between Malcolm X and Black Dynamite.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Zanzibar Ham posted:

According to jrod, are states good, or just lesser evils? Does he actually agree with the idea of 'state's rights'?

There's a continuum. Pinochet's Chile and apartheid South Africa are much better than, say, Denmark.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Everyone should be treated as individuals, and that's why I profile the poo poo out of Arabs.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

To be fair most jelly belongs in the trash.

Well, adulterated statist jelly. Not that there's anything wrong with adulterants, as long as they were added beneath the aegis of market freedom.

You haven't experienced truly spreadable preserves until you've tried them with lead additive.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jrod won't even answer my question about his favorite black movie because of what a deliberate ho he is. I asked it in the most earnest fashion possible

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jrodefeld posted:

I worded that imprecisely. What I meant was if you were a member of the police or homeland security who was investigating a purported plot by ISIS to attack Los Angeles, would you make the assumption based on the statistics that the attacker would be of Middle Eastern descent and also a Muslim? Or would you really think it is reasonable that you'd suspect the elderly Jewish grandmother just as much as the twenty-something guy who just flew in from Syria?

This would not be about impugning an entire race or religion but would be about looking at the facts regarding terrorism and ISIS membership in order to thwart a planned attack.

I didn't mean to imply it would be reasonable for average people simply to be nervous and uncomfortable around Muslims because of the existence of ISIS in the world. That would be prejudiced and probably bigoted.

So if you're a cop being bigoted is OK. Look how much you suddenly love a cop when they act racist! It's the only time you love cops.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm struggling with the fact that Jrod realizes Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is a great album.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Jrod doesn't deserve to listen to any Mingus, I'll close his ears with my fingers and keep the sound from getting in. I'm declaring him an unperson in my community because he believes in gay rights and declaring his ears a free good for me to use as I see fit.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You forgot the line that says "tyranny" and is just a diagonal line going from the lower left to upper right.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hey I'd love to find a libertarian who learned good hand-to-hand skills but they end up learning mall ninjutsu due to the same lack of critical thinking that made them libertarians

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Obviously in the mind of jrodefeld (or any covert white supremacist), getting called a racist is the ultimate aggression.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

MY DRO COULD KICK YOUR DRO'S rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AzufpOkynE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx