Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

savinhill posted:

Yeah, I thought she might actually be pretty smart and savvy in previous episodes, but the whole cozying up to Milligan to feed him info to betray her whole family puts her at Peggy-level as far as brains for future planning goes. I know she hates her father with a seething passion, but this seems like just about the dumbest possible way to go about getting back at him. I hope something happens later on to make her more than just another bumbling mid-West hick way in over their heads against the big city gangsters, cuz this season already suffers from too many of those type characters.

I do think she has a plan, though: Get out of the Midwest in the end + revenge on the world she was born into. The only fault in the plan is staying to look on as that world die (for revenge/emotional catharsis), and of course trusting the coolest Kansas Funk Band[TM] Mike Milligan & the Kitchen Brothers.

E: I.e. not stupid, angry with a grudge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Did anyone notice that the dead Gerhardt son's name was Elron? As in... L. Ron? As in L. Ron Hubbard?

Elron is a real name, believe it or not.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Am I the only one who is joneseing reeeal bad for next episode? It really is like the wire/BB/fargo s1, I'm unhealthily hooked and did not see it coming

e. you laugh, luther, yet you do not know my pain

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 8, 2015

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

... the golden age of television is going strong, and it isn't ending (s3 is paid for!)...

Age of Aquarius ACTUALISE

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

lifts cats over head posted:

Did anybody catch what Hanzee said before the haircut? I thought it was something like "I'm tired of this life" but I wasn't sure and I wasn't able to go back and re-watch it yet.

It was "all professional like" I think? As in a respectable 'I am not a dangerous man' haircut.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Quoting the Guardian: Run Through the Jungle by Spoon’s Britt Daniel. Now that is esoteric, and who knows where we can get it.

E: No seriously, anyone know where can I get it?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

I think he recorded it specifically for the show.

I loving love a good acoustic cover so I demuxed the audio track, converted it to mp3 and cut out the last two minutes. Would posting that here be :filez:? If yes I guess you could pm me and I'll send you a dropbox link.

I don't have premium :(

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

I sent OldSenileGuy a PM about whether it's cool to post it in here but I can also just e-mail it to you if he doesn't respond.

You're a real mensch. Hit me at herrkongo at google's mail dot com!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

This season was amazing but in my headcanon the whole Moses Tripoli thing is a coincidence.

My exact feelings. It is much better this way.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

Like I said, I liked the show. But the cool and weird people had to share all that screen time with the vanilla folks. They could have done so much more with the matriarch character, the indignant second son, the ghoulish Indian ninja, and the sick wife who exists only to spend a lot of screentime reminding us Good Guy has a family.

I'm happy to read about what I missed. Read the last three pages, some talk about the flying saucer, didn't find much else.

I think this profound difference of opinion is rather easily explained; you like entertaining stuff where something being realistic isn't necessary, aaand I like things being exceedingly (plausibly) realistic if they are going to be entertaining at all. Fargo 2 is a venn diagram, and we pull in different directions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Wait what? Meth Damon is engaged with Kirsten Dunst now? That's...
odd?

• Locked thread