Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

frenton posted:

When I was watching the scene with Mike at the type writer store I honestly thought to myself "Wow, Hollywood makeup is incredible. I hardly recognized Dave Chappelle."

It's not Dave Chappelle.

If it makes you feel any better, a group of us get together to watch it on the weekends, and one of them thought it was Chappelle too. He also thought Rye was Macaulay Culkin. So close!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ror posted:

I really like Bear's actor and character but I keep imagining him as Brett Gelman going full Deliverance and now I kind of wish that's what it was.

For the whole season my friend and I are convinced that the Kitchen Bros are clones of Gelman.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

That's the thing I don't get about people that saw him as a sort of devil figure.

Basically, their train of thought on that was "Wouldn't that be a cool reveal?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Question: Is Peggy and Ed's house the same house Lester owned in S1?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Re: Hanzee's haircut. I totally thought she was going to give him the bowl cut ala Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men, since he definitely has that vibe, and his encounter with the clerk at the general store felt very similar to the one in No Country

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I wonder if the type writer was from the guy the young Gerhardt was trying to form a business with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I know "scary guy talking to shopkeeper" is pretty generic but that scene was straight outta no country for old men for me

Kind of the point, Fargo lifts stuff from all of the Coens oeuvre. Simone's exit was straight from Miller's Crossing.

• Locked thread