Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He brought his own bitch rear end into the waffle hut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

timp posted:

I hate to say it, but I wasn't blown away by Nick Offerman. With all the kooky midwest accents being thrown around, and seeing him do character acting in Deadwood, I fully expected him to dive right into one, especially with that beard he's sporting. Instead he sounded exactly like Ron Swanson and it definitely threw me. Also wasn't crazy about his character, seemed like a thinly veiled excuse to throw out a bunch of 60's and 70's references. Seriously, John McCain? Was he really all that relevant of a name in the late 70's?

I'm sure they're planning on having him be ultra-paranoid about the show's events and then ultimately being right about everything (they already hinted at this) but something about Offerman's portrayal plus the highly on-the-nose dialogue really didn't click with me.

Edit: FWIW I felt similarly last year about Glenn Howerton: A comedic actor whose work I really love gets underutilized and cast in a decidedly uncreative role

The John McCain thing most definitely. Also, love canal and Pol Pot. We get it. Those are things that happened folks.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sam Hess and Max Gold were an item.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
CD getting all mad at the windshield scraper painting cuz it looks like one of those minimalist movie posters that make no sense divorced from context.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Junkenstein posted:

As it stands at the moment, the UFO scene is nothing more than 'HEY COEN BROS REFERENCE!!', and is a lot more in-your-face than previous references and little echoes of other Coen stuff Season 1 had.

If it wasn't witnessed, did it ever even happen?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Biggest thing that irked me was the split screen. I just wasn't feeling it. At least so far. They've built up a lot of goodwill over the last 11 episodes so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
And Hulu sucks.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Toplowtech posted:

She is a “a small town beautician with big city dreams who is trying to figure out who she really is and what she really wants as she struggles with traditional societal expectations." I somehow hope her character arc is joining the local Fargo mafia as a hit woman.

I'm only 10 minutes into the second episode so I'm gonna wait a minute before reading the last couple dozen replies but my completely out there prediction is she's the mother of someone important in the season 1.

e: This guy is channeling Obama.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 20, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He was literally high, wasn't he.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

frenton posted:

When I was watching the scene with Mike at the type writer store I honestly thought to myself "Wow, Hollywood makeup is incredible. I hardly recognized Dave Chappelle."

It's not Dave Chappelle.

He stole Obama's white newscaster voice who stole it in turn from Chappelle.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I was at the doctor and there was nothing else to read so I started reading a hunting magazine and they had tips and poo poo and one of them that stuck with me for cleaning a grinder after processing venison was to run saltine crackers through it.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
From what little we've seen of him so far, if the lobster metaphor pans out, I would be willing to bet if/when we see Bear gets down to business it's going to be incredible. Also got some creepy vibes from dobb at the end there, yeesh.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
She's gonna fake seduce her manager and kill her.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Didn't someone draw a map up earlier that had all the locations of whose who and from where? Like obviously the KC mob is in KC, the typewriter guy was in Fargo, etc.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I do like how they poke a little fun at the swift boaters by Solverson saying: dude, I know exactly what FUBAR means, it's not an infantry exclusive.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I was watching in the bathroom mirror slightly buzzed, but I'm pretty sure remembering from the X-files that time-pieces stop at the moment of close encounters. So... there might be that.

e: this guy is soooo chigurh

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

KoRMaK posted:

lol That kid from the wire is gonna be the new rocky movie lead

I knew this before but what

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Someones gonna get knocked up with a player, even a minor one, who is in the first seasons run.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Unzip and Attack posted:

Me too. He's by far the most understated character and if he goes full beast mode it could be really great.

I've said a couple of times that I'd bet good money that this is what is going to happen. If the pincer/crusher claw thing comes to be I wonder just which one he'll come across as and how.

muscles like this? posted:

I have a friend whose dad is a Vietnam vet and when he went back on vacation he said that the tunnels they show off now are actually bigger than they actually were back then. Also in a goofy coincidence the VC vet who was showing off the tunnel told a story about a game of cat and mouse he had in the tunnels with an America GI and after comparing dates it turned out it was my friend's dad.

Awwwwkward.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 3, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

I liked the reveal that Dodd never stood a chance of actually being a normal person, what with his dad making him murder someone when he was a little kid.

On the other hand, I don't think at all that Dodd would consider it as anything other than a point of pride. Both opinions aren't exclusive either though.

savinhill posted:

Yeah, I thought she might actually be pretty smart and savvy in previous episodes, but the whole cozying up to Milligan to feed him info to betray her whole family puts her at Peggy-level as far as brains for future planning goes. I know she hates her father with a seething passion, but this seems like just about the dumbest possible way to go about getting back at him. I hope something happens later on to make her more than just another bumbling mid-West hick way in over their heads against the big city gangsters, cuz this season already suffers from too many of those type characters.

Her dad is also angling for some poo poo so it must be hereditary.

KoRMaK posted:

What what?

I didn't see it so I guess it was just a commercial.

Frostwerks fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 4, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

timp posted:

Yeah that owned.

I feel like this show really kicked up the intensity a notch or two this episode, I was absolutely loving every minute of it. The KC/Gerhardt negotiations (Brad Garrett is killing this role), Dodd backstory + moment of vulnerability in the car with his mom, and especially Lou giving Peggy and Ed a chance to come clean...Ed was sooo close to spilling the beans and Lou knew it, but Peggy continues to be just the worst.

Also feel bad for Dodd's daughter...she's a rebellious free spirit just trying to piss off her dad, but she has no idea how incredibly damning her actions are to her whole family.

Also, is this the first time we've seen Mike kill? And a fleeing woman, no less, surely to show just how cold he really is.

I didn't know whot Brad Garrett was off the top of my head but sweet jesus the dudes a loving giant.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Someone photoshop the Paul Bunyan statue from the movie/first season to have this man's face on it STAT.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Peggy was an unwitting participant in operation infinite walrus.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Cannot wait for Bear.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Can lizards get crabs.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh my god that barricade.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The Karl barricade I mean.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Jerusalem posted:

When Lou comes back and the door opens the opposite direction to the barricade anyway :laugh:

thank you ted, that was the joke.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I want my violent gangsters to be strictly business.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They're going to do a no country for old men show next and the first season is going to be about sheriff bell's youth and wartime experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Lutha Mahtin posted:

why are you posting this nonsense

Why are you posting at all

• Locked thread