Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

I think the point is you're not supposed to tell the subject about the placebo, just say it's an expiremental drug that may or may not help.

You're absolutely not allowed to keep that a secret from the people who sign up.

centaurtainment posted:

I just looked this up and apparently it's a (federal, US) law that doctors must mention the existence of placebos in a study. Makes sense, but it's still lovely.

It's way less lovely than lying to a person about the fact that there are placebos in the study; it lets the patient make an informed decision about whether to stick with drugs that may or may not be working for them for a new (risky) opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fun callback: I've been re-watching S1, and in Episode 6, when Lester's visited in the hospital by his brother, their conversation has a very similar end result to that between Peggy & Lou in the cruiser; Chas comes in to confront Lester about what's been happening, which results in Lester declaring "I'm the victim here" and soon down the line Chas rebuking him with "People are dead, Lester".

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

El Jeffe posted:

In other news, Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons have fully actualized and are now engaged.

Aww that is very :3: Jesse Plemons is pretty cool despite murdering someone in HS and being a nazi and all.

• Locked thread