Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Getting Justified season 2 vibes off of the crime family with Jean Smart as the matriarch. Hopes have never been higher for a season of tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh poo poo this is today?

Cool

You betcha.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That was loving fantastic. Especially the opening.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Season is off to a good start.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Last Buffalo posted:

Yeah, but the reason the rural Midwest doesn't have a long history of hitmen and mobsters is because there's gently caress all to extort or blackmail or whatever in a small town thats Minnesota nice. The first season at least was working with the concept that the bad guys were coming into nowheresville, but this season is setting up that there's a crime family in a tiny town that also has a police department that's dimly aware of it, but they also "run things" so well that a distant KC mob wants to buy them out by sending the one black guy in the world with that accent.

This is less a cool premise (like a Coen brothers movie) and more the cheesy application of some stock genre elements mishmashed together. But hey, wasn't it funny when everyone had accents? LOL!!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man Wilson is fuckin killing it as Young Lou so far, those staredown scenes were flooding with tension.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I don't suppose there's anyone here with gif making skills who could get me an av gif of Lou's grin after he tells Dodd off?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's the one, perfect. Thanks a lot!

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 27, 2015

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also fun fact, the Fargo investigator the Gerhardts had under their foot is Gus Grimly's boss in season 1.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

NowonSA posted:

Oh, and typing Malvo reminded me that I'm pretty sure he catches a thumb or finger in the butt while he's in deep cover as a dentist :thumbsup:.

Aces.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

f#a# posted:

What was up with the whole "butcher of Luverne" thing any way? I may have missed a scene, but I don't see how Hanzee could have jumped to the conclusion that Ed was a serial killer, especially given how adept he was at sniffing Ed out.

...actually, as I type that, I can see Dodd and Hanzee being too sensitive to the mother to explain that it was a freak accident and Rye fuckin' sucks. Or maybe Hanzee (correctly) deduced that Rye got hit by a car due to being caught in the UFO's time distortion field or whatever, and that was just a step too far for explaining.

The fact that I can write that last sentence is a testament to this season's incredulity, but it's so stylized and assured of itself that it's completely amazing.

They made it up as an excuse to start poo poo with Kansas City, that's why they sent Charlie to murk Ed because they knew he was just some regular dude and not an infamous hitman.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Talkin about this did make me realize we still haven't seen Bear react to what happened to Charlie because of Dodd. Tonight's ep should be amazing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In a season full of best of show episodes this already apes the lot by a mile, how the gently caress are there 4 more after this.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

All I can think of is how we haven't even reached Sioux Falls yet.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Isn't The Pearl, I think it's called--the hotel--in Sioux Falls? Totally serious question.

e: I've been assuming it's the hotel Lou alludes to in the first season. Again, though, I'm liable to misremember and make that sort of mistake.

Hm I don't remember about that, but I do know the seminar Peggy is itching to go to is in Sioux Falls.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

jerkstoresup posted:

Looks like it was leaked over 14 hours ago by some Hulu error. I'm gonna resist temptation.

I didn't.

all I'm gonna say is what the gently caress.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

rediscover posted:

i really liked rye and was excited to see more of him, so uyou can imagine my disapointment when he died in the first episode

There's straight a line used by Kieran Culkin in the trailer for s2 that doesn't get used in the actual episode, meaning we could have gotten slightly more Rye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Holy gently caress that was perfect.

• Locked thread