Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Fargo S02E06, "Rhinoceros" is the best episode of television I've ever seen. Was on one rear end cheek the entire time and seriously enjoyed every second. To me, each episode this season is better than the last. So I hope I don't spoil the expectation that the rest of the season will be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Looks like it was leaked over 14 hours ago by some Hulu error. I'm gonna resist temptation.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

oh jay posted:

Her husband only owns two pairs of shoes.
That's her house. Her father's house is the one with the weird study.

Rykert posted:

Still a lil' confused about what Betsy saw in her Father's house... What's the implication there? Or was that all a cancer-y brain hallucination?
Dementia? Aliens? Just a weird conspiracy guy? I've been rewatching the whole series this past week and can't really think of what it means, but I doubt it was a hallucination.

KoRMaK posted:

He was lieing tho right?
He wouldn't know Mike Milligan or Dodd Gerhardt without meeting Hanzee. Either he met Hanzee and did not die, or he really is the sleeper agent Butcher of Laverne.

10/10 TV. Each episode builds upon the last.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 24, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Guy A. Person posted:

Although actually, I guess they could be doing a full History of Violence thing with Ed, and the reason he was so dead set on owning the butcher shop was because he wanted to cling to the new life he had escaped into. I prefer he and Peggy as bumblers though.

Looking back, Ed:
  • Froze the corpse of a man he killed.
  • Dismembered and stuffed each part into a meat grinder.
  • Did god knows what with the processed "meat".
  • Methodically cleaned blood from his garage.
  • When a gun was pointed at him, he immediately got to cover. When the second gunman came in, he threw a pan and moved swiftly to tackle him.
  • Seemingly had no PTSD from doing any of this.

You could claim self defense for putting a cleaver in a man's skull, and stabbing a man to death with a spade. And maybe he was so focused on their future that he wasn't phased by killing two people.

But especially considering how he handled himself when the butcher shop burned down, I'd imagine there's more to Ed that just a cow. He's got hidden horns.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

quote:

Do you miss it? The country. The wet, the heat, the bugs? Do you miss that? It's this quiet I can't get used to, this... Frozen winter. Did you work the tunnels? "Send the Indian," they'd say. "Who cares about booby traps? Give Hanzee a flashlight and a knife and send him down into the black echo." Moving through the earth like a rat, killing off Charlie, taking his ears... You gotta push their faces down into the dirt so they don't scream and wake the others.

Probably the most he'll say in this show. :vince:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

rediscover posted:

he would be a child in 1979

In this world, a child killed the mob boss of the Fargo area in 1951.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

In an alternate universe, Dodd and Peggy would've been perfect for each other.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Remember that Hanzee called the compound and told the Gerhardts that he found Dodd. Floyd went running to the phone, because she cares about all of her children. Why Hanzee called home to give the news about Dodd, and then went to kill him remains to be seen I guess.

I'm guessing Bear's showing of appreciation towards Hanzee is what killed Dodd. Bear called him a brother, and Dodd called him a mongrel.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Anyone know what tune Mike was whistling after hanging up with his boss? Sounded like something from a blaxploitation film or just some kind of 70s funk but I'm clueless when it comes to that genre.

The UFO poo poo is great. Doesn't need an explanation. If Rye didn't see a UFO in Ep1, none of this would have happened.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Karl was the only character to get some more lines in during a credits sequence. With that and his heart to heart with Betsy, what else was there for him to say/do? And Charlie is just in jail. The last remaining Gerhardt. Maybe there's a future story there, but for 1979, his story was done.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ITiPY8Evs8 (spoilers s2)

Hanzee was a ridiculously cool character.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I hope he's not typecast as a dopey cop or dopey husband.

e: already confirmed as a deputy. Odenkirk was a good dopey cop who showed depth as the first season went along. Hoping they don't just repeat that for Gaffigan, and Fargo hasn't let me down yet.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

El Jeffe posted:

Do we know anything about when season 3 is going to be set?

2010, 4 years after the first season.

• Locked thread