Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
While it may have pre-empted us all talking about Hanzee's motivation for another week, it was incredibly jarring without really adding anything else. At least the UFO had been set up all season, although I'd like there to be more thematic tie-in to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

TheBizzness posted:

Also the bar Hanzee went postal in has the same symbols above the booze behind the bar.

They were? I figured they were just cattle brands.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
My problem's basically entirely about episode 9. The narration was jarring but didn't really contribute anything, the UFO worked as an out of context event but failed to amount to anything other than a glorified distraction, and in the end the season basically felt like piling a bunch of gimmicks on top of each other when the season could have worked just as well without any of them.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

Milligan's ending is perfect, but almost....too perfect. Does that make sense? I saw it coming about halfway through the season, because it's just THE perfect ending for him considering the themes of the series, so it wasn't able to surprise me in any way.

It's not just that it's too obvious but that the scene itself lacked anything interesting, and not in a "that's the point" way. It just dragged and could have been finished in thirty seconds. Much as the Hanzee twist was stupid, the scene itself was great, distilling the entirety of who he was into five minutes while being structured in such a way that it wasn't boring.

• Locked thread