Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

sout posted:

You see this is in shows before it cuts away to the next scene where their mouths are moving but it did not seem to happen that time.
It's kind of awkward I guess? It was insofar as I actively noticed it, which is probably not a good sign.

I really liked that scene as an artsy thing the director thought of,, and in my mind they didn't actually have the dialogue at a different time.
I think it was quite nicely done; the actors were playing out that dialogue with body language and looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
When they first mentioned the possibility of the "Undertaker" being sent to replace Mike, I figured that this was probably a guy that we 'd get to see for a scene or two before he gets abruptly killed.
It was interesting to see Mike sort of - kind of lose his cool, but I'd prefer it if he was left more... wounded by the encounter.
Still, maybe they are again going for a/the less obvious character taking Mike out.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Such an awesome episode. I'd really like for Ed and Peggy to make it out alive and well (or at least in prison but still alive). The initial impression was that they were a couple of goofy and selfish (mostly Peggy) people, who would deserve any comeuppance, but that quickly shifted and now they are two people who despite obvious flaws care for each other and manage to survive together against all odds. And they are really fun to watch.

I mean we already know that Sioux Falls is going to be a massacre and probably one worse than those we already had in the season, but at least Ed and Peggy seem to be taken away from that.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 2, 2015

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Now that was definitely a massacre at Sioux Falls. No two ways about it.
Ok, then.

wrt the aliens. I like how they are integrated in the story. They are sort of there, as a real thing, and people certainly react to them (curious, amazed, shocked etc) but they are not the main story, they are (so far) handled sort of gracefully (no abductions, no magical alien cancer cures, no human-alien conspiracies, no characters of alien origin they didn't know about etc).

It adds to the odd events and general flavor of the show - the writers probably realised that they can pull the rope of "this is a true story" further than they did in season one (eg with the convenient fish rain).

Peggy's line did get a big laugh out of me, though.
"It's just a flying saucer, we gotta go."

edit: Is it too insensitive to ask for a gif of that Dakota police captain being blasted by a shotgun into a wall?

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 8, 2015

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Y'all gonna be PISSED when there is no explanation whatsoever for the aliens in the last episode.

Should there be one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
drat, I miss this show. Google says shooting begins this month for season 3.
Spring 2017 seems so far...

• Locked thread