Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really wasn't sold on the trailer, but that was a great opener. The split screen made me feel like I was watching a David Cage game at times though. We'll see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

precision posted:

I'm extremely puzzled that people are even bringing it up.

Because it was quite a prominent stylistic choice, was used frequently and was a departure from what people who like series 1 are used to?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's on Netflix UK still. Use a plugin?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jack Skeleton posted:

Dunst hate flows strong. I thought her character worked great and the split screen did exactly what it needed to do.

Oh her character was brilliant and her performance was absolutely bang on. A lot of people seem to dislike her in general which I don't really get.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Toplowtech posted:

I actually sorta liked Skyler (including her lovely affair) and didn't read most of BB threads because of the constant bitching about Skyler so yeah i understand you pain but i fear Dunst's character isn't going to be the most sympathetic person on the show and people are going to hate her for putting fat matt damon into terrible troubles.
It's scary how many people don't understand that a character who is a bad person can be a good character. Even a likeable one sometimes.

e: Actually everyone understands it but only when the character has a dick.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really want to look at Kirsten Dunst being a dick some more.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I listen to that War of the Worlds soundtrack so much I honestly thought iTunes had spontaneously started playing it in the background during the episode and had to check.

That episode had two incredibly well done tension-ratcheting scenes. Bravo on that front! Also I know Jesse the Lemon genuinely gained weight, but that must have been a suit right? Because sheesh I wouldn't envy him having to drop that for the next role.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

After Fat Damon threw his clothes in the fireplace there was a close up of something glowing in the fire. I couldn't quite make out what it was. Was it something we were supposed to recognize?

Looked like a belt buckle to me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Last Buffalo posted:

Yeah, but the reason the rural Midwest doesn't have a long history of hitmen and mobsters is because there's gently caress all to extort or blackmail or whatever in a small town thats Minnesota nice. The first season at least was working with the concept that the bad guys were coming into nowheresville, but this season is setting up that there's a crime family in a tiny town that also has a police department that's dimly aware of it, but they also "run things" so well that a distant KC mob wants to buy them out by sending the one black guy in the world with that accent.

This is less a cool premise (like a Coen brothers movie) and more the cheesy application of some stock genre elements mishmashed together. But hey, wasn't it funny when everyone had accents? LOL!!

I think this is the first overwhelmingly negative thing I've heard about the show since it started. Well done sir.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There's a difference between a misunderstanding and mistakes made due to incomplete information.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Good words and arguments.

gently caress, dude.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 21, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeesh I hope he doesn't intentionally sell the meat. I can see some accidentally getting eaten though.

I'm sure he could just feed it to dogs or something. There's got to be a million ways for a butcher to get rid of suspicious meat.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jerusalem posted:

He moves to the Pennines and changes his name to Hilary Briss :ohdear:

Hey, there's no evidence whatsoever to indicate that his meat was man meat. :colbert:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I said this the first week. Unless they've costumed/makeup-ed her that way, time has...not treated her very well.

Yeah gently caress her for looking like a normal person.

(Real talk though she's basically a demigoddess).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why does Dodd's daughter sellotape her hair to her nipples during sex? Is it a Minnesotan thing?

stev fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 5, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Missed four episodes in a row but all caught up now.

Holy gently caress the back half of this series is a wild ride. This is proper heart pounding serialisation right here!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So Peggy is pretty much one of the best TV characters at this point. Kirsten Dunst is god drat incredible.

Has anyone noticed any blatant references to the film in the second half of the series? I've not really seen any at all that I can remember.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ehud posted:

Couple of Golden Globe nominations for Fargo:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/golden-globe-nominations-2016-list

Best Actor: Patrick Wilson
Best Actress: Kirsten Dunst
Best TV/Miniseries

That's cool, Cristin Milioti and Ted Danson definitely deserve supporting actor nominations though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Wait people were serious saying they wanted more closure for all the characters? Other than 'they carried on living' or 'they died fairly soon after', what in the hell needs to be said?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Well, one of them had cancer, so "they died fairly soon after" would have been pretty good closure.

Well she ain't around in season 1. I think that's wrapped her up nicely.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Illinois Smith posted:

The movie based on the false story that recently came out is pretty good but yeah, they took some huge liberties compared to what actually happened in that too.

The only reason the story originally started is because a cop she asked for directions made it up.

I love that that's an actual movie that exists. What a world we live in.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MrBuddyLee posted:

Did everyone in the story get close to the exact karma coming to them? That's rare...

Simone didn't deserve what she got. Neither did the South Dakota cops if you count them as characters.

Also, Betsy and Hank?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

centaurtainment posted:

Snitches get stitches. She got Adriana'd hard and deserved it for sure.

Awful.

The thing Simone did wrong is being born into a bad family full of bad people.

stev fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 19, 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Reminds me of the people who (Breaking Bad) called for Jesse to be killed horribly after telling the cops everything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is there a set number of years since a show aired when we're allowed to discuss details without spoilers? Because The Shield ended 7 years ago.

I'd say standard 'don't be a dick' rules apply. If something's completely, unavoidably absorbed by culture to the point that it's impossible not to know, then whatever. But if there's a chance someone doesn't know then what's the harm in black barring it?

7 years isn't that loving long. I've never seen an episode of The Shield and I probably never will, but I don't think everyone and anyone has carte blanche to decide what is and isn't ok to spoil.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Air is lava! posted:

That stupid "real story" bullshit really got on my nerves though.

It's literally just the opening credits. Why's that a problem?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Air is lava! posted:

I just hate it when a fictional thing keeps claiming that it's real. And this show goes out of its way just to tell you explicitly how real it is. I don't know if anyone actually believes that stuff, but to me it just feels like a silly lie. I don't want to be lied to by the opening credits.
If you dislike stuff like that, it can be really annoying to see it twenty times in short succesion.

Spoiler: It's not trying to convince you or lie to you. It's just for fun, and because the movie did it. Again, for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That could have been any stash of money hidden under a red ice scraper. :rolleyes:

• Locked thread