Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

pile of brown posted:

How are people not getting that dunst's split screens show a)what she said and b)what she was actually doing? It was super significant and super obvious?
It could only be more obvious if the words "SHE IS LYING AND NOT A GOOD PERSON BUT A SELF CENTERED MONSTER WHO DON'T MIND KILLING IF SHE CAN NOT GET CAUGHT, SHE DON'T LOVE FAT DAMON, SHE IS JUST USING HIM" was on screen when the split screens thing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mameluke posted:

Glad to see she's immediately become the Skyler White of the show.
I actually sorta liked Skyler (including her lovely affair) and didn't read most of BB threads because of the constant bitching about Skyler so yeah i understand you pain but i fear Dunst's character isn't going to be the most sympathetic person on the show and people are going to hate her for putting fat matt damon into terrible troubles.

speshl guy posted:

Dunst is great, if you've got 3 hours to kill I'd suggest checking out her performance in Melancholia if you really wanna see her knock it out of the park.

That being said, her 5 minutes of screen time in episode one wasn't anything to write home about but she hasn't really had enough time to really get into the meat of her character.
She is a “a small town beautician with big city dreams who is trying to figure out who she really is and what she really wants as she struggles with traditional societal expectations." I somehow hope her character arc is joining the local Fargo mafia as a hit woman.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 18, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Last Buffalo posted:

but this season is setting up that there's a crime family in a tiny town that also has a police department that's dimly aware of it,
A lot of tiny lovely towns have people who are into gambling, prostitutes and alcohol (especially when it's prohibited) ; organized crime can prosper everywhere someone need a loan or like illegal vices, they don't really care if you live in nowheretown USA, you pay, they provide. Hell, that's probably how the Civella crime family made a fortune in Kansas city. Protection Racket is also a great cash flow and local cops are badly equipped to fight against omerta.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 21, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

BJPaskoff posted:

Huh, "omertà" is one of those words I've heard before but never bothered to look up. In a way, I've always hated it as a plot device.
Yet there is a reason it's federal RICO cases that got so many of the crimes family leader arrested and not local investigations. But i get your point especially with the POWERPOINT MAFIA scene.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

The kid looks kind of Native American. Is he the indian's kid or the oldest gearheartd son's?
I think he is Bear (the middle bearded&less macho son)'s son. His mother may be indian (maybe their hitman's sister?).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Of course, the crazy conspiracy theorist guy is the only lawyer in town.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 17, 2015

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

I don't care if I'm the only person in this thread who wants it, but I want Peggy to have a happy ending. I have no idea why. I just want her to make it to California and chill on the beach. I want the final shot of the season to be her sipping a drink out a coconut as she reads a magazine.
i can see her dying saving Ed and Ed going to California and living happy.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

precision posted:

I think the only negative for the finale, and this applies to the season as a whole I guess, is that Patrick Wilson has impenetrable plot armor.
OR he dies in this season final and season 3 is a parallel universe of season 1.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NowonSA posted:

There's only one character from this season I want to see pop up in season 3 somehow: Mike Milligan, preferably played by Samuel L. Jackson.
I hope season 3 starts with him walking over corpses to reach his office, just after malvo's headquarters attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

That could have been any stash of money hidden under a red ice scraper. :rolleyes:
Yeah what's next? A UFO in the middle of a firefight?

• Locked thread