Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Someone is going to eat the dead dude, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I can't imagine he thoroughly cleans that grinder after he's done with it, and even if he does there has to be some human meat particulates in the mix for quite awhile.

I was thinking about that the entire time he was grinding. "Oh god is he going to clean that thing or will people be eating bits of human for months" I was also kinda expecting the actual butcher to show up and ask him what the gently caress he's doing, only for Fat Damon to explain that he was burning the midnight oil to make up for missing a day, and look! He's prepared the hamburger for sale tomorrow.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jake Armitage posted:

Well we're 4 for 4 in episodes with UFOs (or UFO references) in them. Tonight's was the most unambiguous by far. I believe the 1979 Minnesota UFO case I posted about a few pages ago is the origin of the missing time phenomena associated with sightings (the X-Files made use of that a lot, starting with the episode based on that Minnesota case). I should probably go back and rewatch that scene, but did he lose 2 hours? I seem to remember the Waffle Hut clock reading 7-ish and his stopwatch reading somewhere between 9 and 10. In the X-Files it was usually a few minutes.

Holy poo poo I knew there was something to that scene besides the glass he found. In the diner it was 7:07, when he pulls out his stopwatch it's just a little after 10.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This show is so loving good. Dunst is absolutely amazing, she is pulling off batshit insane so well. The conversation in the car jesus christ.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

a cop posted:

Best line of the season as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely slayed me.

My favorite is the scene of her in the car, just absurdly happy while Ed is trying to keep it real.

I had my doubts about Kirsten Dunst when I heard she was going to be in Fargo, but she's absolutely killing it. An actualized woman is a dangerous thing.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 8, 2015

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Ave Azaria posted:

Mike got promoted into his own personal hell. That was beautiful.

Yeah, the cold, hard reality of his personal future.. He thought he was going to be a feudal lord. He was going to take over the Gerhart mansion and rule it's people as king. Instead, it all gets passed to some middle manager, while he gets a tiny office with a window and loses all sense of self. All his work for nothing.

Give the people who worked on this show all the awards. Make up awards for this show. This is the best thing I've ever watched.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 15, 2015

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Nah the main reason is that this takes place back in the 70s and police response time wasn't as sophisticated as it is today. You'd have to send out an APB and coordinate through radio. Lou also lets guys go because he doesn't want to die. It would probably be a lot easier to disappear after killing a cop back in the 70's than it would be today.

That's the heart of it right there. He knows he's out manned and out gunned and backup is 30 minutes away or more at all times.

PantsBandit posted:

Mike Milligan's ultimate fate was just perfect. The look on his face in that office, after watching a man bleed to death the night before to celebrate his "coronation", just beautiful.

Right? Despite all his talk about being the future, he was stuck in the past. The future has no place for feudal lords.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Season 2 had ‎Kirsten Dunst going completely nuts in the greatest possibly way. Seeing her bounce around in the car super happy like while they fled from their home might be the scariest thing I've ever seen on TV. Season 1 had a pretty amazing murder by police. All in all, they're probably tied for how awesome they are.

• Locked thread