Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Zombie Guy posted:

Army Ants. Loved these guys.

Thundercats, and all their assorted accessories:

I had metric shittons of Lego that my nephews inherited and still play with now. That poo poo was built to last.

Oh poo poo son, I had both of these too :hfive:

Let's get old school up in this piece with some more toy/cartoon goodness. bitches!

VOLTRON (robotic combining lions was best, I dare you to disagree)

FOOD FIGHTERS (my fat rear end Rottweiler ate a bunch of mine and had the most disappointed face afterward)

MASK (sweet theme, always wanted a flying Camaro or crotch rocket that turned into a helicopter)

HE-MAN (half-naked warriors battling in an apocalyptic wasteland :black101: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Motherfucking SOUNDWAVE

I envied the bejesus out of one of my older cousins for having this.
A giant robot that turned into a boombox and launched tapes that transformed into smaller murder-bots. God drat.. SO 80s.
And soundwave had the coolest voice in the cartoon.

You ain't kidding - that weird robo-synth voice Soundwave had was SO awesome, seemed like the only Transformer that had a voice that was "proper" for how it looked. The rest sounded cool but a robot trying to imitate normal voice inflection was always slightly cool/creepy. And the tapes, drat those little dudes were great, and Soundwave had EIGHT total little minions he could dispatch at any time to gently caress your day up, each had their own special ability and it was rad as hell.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

gleebster posted:

I don't have any of my toys any more, because I'm an adult.

Sounds like someone's "childhood toy" was Daddy's Drunken Temper Belt

Anyways, MORE TOYS

Go-Bots (aka "poor kid's Transformers")

G.I. Joe (brother and I played with these a lot, he even had the bigass hovercraft and water platform deal)

Centurions

Dino-Riders

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

There was a car, too, that turned from a regular car into, well, a different-colored car with guns. Pretty nice engineering for its day though. Not unlike MASK vehicles if MASK vehicles were more subdued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ4mRiq_AV4

Oh man, this is fantastic - I still love the old 70s, 80s and 90s toys that had all that work put into them. All the articulation, making sure everything was smooth and fit just right, a level of detail that doesn't seem as good nowadays unless you're spending hundreds on something collectible.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

The Speak and Spell.

Man, the creepy robot voice for this was great. I'd like to find a working one and run Silence of the Lambs dialogue through it :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Astrofig posted:

Oh drat, I forgot about these! There were also Ants in the Pants, Don't Break the Ice, Mousetrap and that one where you made the plastic bugs from a box of parts.

Aw yiss

My aunt and cousins had this game, Operation and Battleship, owned bones

• Locked thread