Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Also loved this Castle Grayskull set, it was the site of many battles.

I had so much He-man stuff, including the castle, but my mom and dad's southern baptist church found out about it and took my hyperactivity into account and convinced them that the occultish parts of it were opening me up to demon possession, explaining the hyperactivity and misbehavior, and so the church did a burning of all the he-man stuff that all us kids had while we were in school.

Apparently, the slime barely even shriveled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

That's super hosed up and kind of cultish.

I, too, went to a Southern Baptist church growing up. We'd probably have lots to commiserate about.

Astrofig posted:

^^Wow, that is super-freaky and hosed up. I'm sorry that happened.
He-man wasn't my favorite, though, happily. That was Transformers.

They didn't get to castle grayskull, probably because it was it was so goddamn expensive, so it ended up turning into the Autobot Base, and I used a lot of pieces of other toy bases placed carefully as the deception base, including the MASK Boulder Hill and some GI Joe vehicles.

About a month after the toy burning, my dad took me to the kaybee toy liquidators before mom got home from work, and spent like $150 on all the transformers I wanted that they had in stock, apologizing for tagging along with the crowd, telling me not to tell mom, and then a few days later, mom took me to Walmart after dad went to work and spent almost as much on transformers, telling me the same thing.

They still took us to the same church, because it was next to my Grandmother's house, but that was the start of our drifting away from it. We stopped going to Sunday night and mostly stopped going to Wednesday night services.

• Locked thread