Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Titus Sardonicus posted:

They still exist, as Calico Critters. My daughter has the camper trailer. Lots of tiny parts to lose, jeesh.

They're still sold as Sylvanian Families in Japan.

Content: My two favourite toys were Lego and Transformers, but everyone knows about them.

I also had another toy that I loved but seems to have become obscure: Multimac. It was a modular sci-fi themed toy where you combine parts to make spaceships or robots or other vehicles. Lots of fun!

PS, thanks to the goons in the 90s thread who helped me identify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Capsela was dope. I made a science fair project using it once. The wheels were almost the perfect size to use with Duplo train tracks so I made trains using it.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Meccano was/is a pretty popular toy in the UK and other Commonwealth countries (not sure about the US). It's kind of like Lego in that the basic way it works hasn't changed since it was invented so you can use stuff from the 50s or whenever with the stuff from today no problem.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Bismuth posted:

I got this thing, it was basically the most expensive toy I ever owned and I had to beg my mom for ages before I finally got it for christmas. I felt like I'd won the lottery.

This picture might be a model? I'm not sure, mine wasnt though it was just a plastic toy with articulated legs and head that made some growling noises if you pushed it's tail down and swiped its paw a bit.

That looks like a Zoid (Japanese toys like Gundam, but robot animals instead of human-shaped robots). They're usually model kits, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put out the occasional pre-assembled one with some extra functions like yours.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

And no one has yet posted my favorite Lego Space theme:

I loved that they were just a massive criminal organization with a legitimately cool color scheme.

I would have done terrible things for a Megacore Magnetizer, though.

Still would.

They're easy to find, but they're a bit expensive these days:
http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6989-1&name=Mega%20Core%20Magnetizer&category=%5BSpace%5D%5BM%5D#T=S&O={}

Still, under $200 isn't actually too bad for such an old and awesome set.

• Locked thread