Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Motherfucking SOUNDWAVE

I envied the bejesus out of one of my older cousins for having this.
A giant robot that turned into a boombox and launched tapes that transformed into smaller murder-bots. God drat.. SO 80s.
And soundwave had the coolest voice in the cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

TheDon01 posted:

Laser tag in general, but in particular my sister and I owned this set, I had the 2 handed rifle and my sister liked the pair of pistols. Two other families on our street had kids with these same sets so it made for some really great summer nights.

I remember all the little tricks, turn sideways to obscure your chest pad. Hold your hand over the gun's speaker to muffle the shooting noise and conceal your location.

I remember Laser Tag a little differently.

The red light on the chest piece would bounce back and forth like a metronome, and the chest target detached from the harness so you could use it for target practice.
i still think that starlyte pistol is the coolest toy gun of all time (well, next to the toy version of Han Solo's blaster from Return of the Jedi). And if you had the Starlyte rifle, you were a God amongst the other kids.

And apparently there's been a sort of attempt to bring it back?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The cap guns with the red rings like you posted were great.
Those little red rolls of paper with the charges every ~1/4 inch were bullshit.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I wrote his name on my Christmas list each year and never got it :(

I vaguely recall an older cousin using one of these to play a Gwar or Sepultara tape and freak out a younger sibling of theirs.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

This is the kind of toy you buy for a niece or nephew, and smile at the horror that dawns on their parent's faces when they realize what you've done.
I had these as a kid, and they were a blast. I wanted to buy some for my niece when she was 4, but couldn't find any, so I gave her one of those buckets full of percussion instruments. It was full of stuff like tamborines and bells and little bongo drums.
Her mother has yet to forgive me for urging her to explore her creative and musical inclinations. :angel:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Had the bonus feature of: "Find the little pegs in the oddest of places for the next decade or so".

Rainbow Brite was a fashion visionary, rivaled only by the likes of Jem and the Holograms.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I never had one of these things, but i remember the commercials being on all the loving time on saturday mornings.
Every time i've asked anyone if they remember them or had one, they look at me like i'm a crazy person (which i am, but not for that reason) who remembers something that never existed.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Stick Insect posted:

What on earth is it?

If i remember right, you sit on the red part, feet go on the bar about where the yellow things are, you steer with the handles, and kind of rock yourself back and forth to make it go forward.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOI6LLIzIDk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You basically just sit on it and then ride it down a hill. You steer with the handles.

You will notice that it has no good way to stop other than your feet and it is designed to go...well...rather fast. I only remember actually seeing one, ever, and the kid that owned it rode it into the side of a house.

I have Fury Road playing on my other monitor, and read the last part of your post right as Nux was screaming "I am the man who grabs the sun! RIDING TO VALHALLA!!!"

• Locked thread